Are you an experienced Psychologist looking for a new challenge?
Are you passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of others?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Clinical Psychologist to join our team at Cygnet Coventry. We are looking for someone who can work 5 days per week between Monday to Friday.
Cygnet Hospital Coventry provides an all-female specialist mental health service with 56 beds. Services include a psychiatric intensive care unit (PICU), a highly specialised personality disorder service also catering for those with dual diagnosis disordered eating, and a locked rehabilitation unit.
In this role you will:
- To provide a qualified specialist clinical psychology service to patients at Cygnet Hospital Coventry including specialist psychological assessment and therapy, offering advice and consultation on clients’ psychological care to non-psychologist colleagues, working autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the team’s policies and procedures. To utilise research skills for audit, policy and service development and research within the area served by the team/service.
- Work within the MDT as well as individually with service users
- Within the MDT setting you will be expected to offer psychological insight and knowledge around the clinical area, and advise non-psychology staff on psychological principles and psychological understanding
- Ensure systems are in place for the clinical supervision and support for Assistant Psychologists working into the psychology service in the hospital, and reflective practice for all staff as appropriate
Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
- A HCPC Registered Psychologist along with experience or a passion to develop your career in Psychology
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Up to date knowledge around various different psychological models applicable to this clinical population
- Experience with service users in inpatient rehabilitation settings is desirable
We have almost 30 years’ experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways. We’re proud of genuinely leading in service user involvement and being focused on proven clinical outcomes driven by the extensive therapeutic programmes within our hospitals.
In return we will offer you:
- Salary negiotable dependent on experience
- The opportunity to develop into a Consultant Psychologist role and undertake further learning and development opportunities
- The opportunity to contribute to service development within the Cygnet service
- Ongoing support with continued professional development (CPD)
- Company pension scheme
- Free meals on duty
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you seeking a new and rewarding challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Please click the link to apply.