Care UK is looking for a Part Time (20 hours a week) Patient Services Administrators for the Minor Injuries Unit / Walk In Centre at St Marys Treatment Centre - Portsmouth
Our clean, modern and comfortable hospital specialises in minor hand and foot surgery, eye surgery, general surgery, urology, colorectal surgery and investigative procedures using a camera (endoscopy).
We also provide a walk in or appointment based X-ray service, an echocardiogram service (heart scan) and an ultrasound service (abdomen, pelvis and testes scan).
We also offer community assessment services in audiology, dermatology, ear, nose and throat (ENT), ophthalmology and cardiac event monitoring.
At St Mary’s we are passionate about creating an exceptional experience for all NHS patients, and are dedicated to delivering the highest standards of quality and safety. We believe in treating you as quickly and carefully as possible, helping you to feel better, faster.
Opening hours of the treatment centre are 7.30am to 10pm weekdays are 8am to 10pm weekends and Bank Holidays - 365 days per year
The shift patterns are a reflection of these hours and will be spread across 4 or 5 days, Monday to Sunday
The salary is a pro-rata of the full time salary which is £16535 per annum
There are enhancements for post 9pm; weekend and Bank Holiday working
To provide a comprehensive, patient focused clinical administration process. The Service Administrator will be responsible for entering patient details onto the system in a timely and accurate manner, scanning documents into the system, and arranging referrals to other healthcare providers. The Service Administrator will be trained to multi-task in all of the above duties, and will complete each task in line with the working patterns as directed by the Service Administrator Supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure a courteous and prompt greeting when greeting patients upon arrival at the Centre.
• Process all patient provided information ensuring accurate and timely data entry.
• Liaise with clinical staff when required.
• Answer telephone calls and deal with patient queries and re-direct as required
• Process and forward reports, bookings to other healthcare providers in a timely fashion.
• Protect patient confidentiality and dignity by keeping patient records in an inconspicuous location at the front desk.
• Ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained and respected whilst attending to their needs at the reception desk.
• Ensure the retrieval and forwarding of general messages to the appropriate personnel within the department.
• Communicate any problems that they feel may affect the operation of the service to the Service Administrator Supervisor or Lead Clinical Staff.
• Performs other clerical duties as directed by the Service Administrator Supervisor either generally or in instances where cover is required during the absence of other team members.
• Comply with the Company Appraisal system and attend an appraisal every year.
• Ensure updated mandatory training requirements are met
• Assist in the orientation and support of new staff to the unit.
Skills & Experience
Good standard of education
Ideally experience in the Health Care sector
We are one of the UK largest independent sector healthcare providers and work in close partnership with the NHS to deliver more than 50 services throughout the UK. We provide high quality specialist care and excellent results for more than 50,000 patients each year.
For more information, visit Apply