We have an exciting opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join our dedicated pre-assessment team at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre in Plymouth.
Achieving an "outstanding" rating from the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the treatment centre is the first independent sector treatment centre to achieve this and are in the top three per cent of hospitals in the country to receive this rating.
Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre offers high quality elective surgery for the local populations of Devon and Cornwall, specialising in hip and knee joint replacements, shoulder repair, hand and elbow surgery, foot surgery and minor orthopaedic procedures. We also deliver Ophthalmology and General surgery.
Not only are our facilities state-of-the-art, with us, you will be able to focus on what really matters; delivering a high standard of patient care. You will also be able to benefit from our fully supported training programmes, on site café and free parking.
As a key member of the pre-assessment team you will be expected to support the professional staff with the overall responsibility for all patients in the outpatient department.
Key duties will include:
• Providing support and assistance to qualified staff
• Openly communicating with patients and relatives to alleviate anxieties and worries
• Assisting Consultants in performing procedures within the department
• Acting as a chaperone as and when required
• Accurately monitoring and recording the weight, pulse, temperature and blood pressure of patients and ensuring any abnormalities or changes in patients conditions are reported immediately to a Registered Nurse
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Experience of caring for others
• The ability to receive and communicate information accurately and take instruction from professional colleagues
• The ability to respond to a demanding environment
• The ability to identify risks and alert individuals as necessary
• Experience gained in a hospital setting
• NVQ level 2 in healthcare
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
For more information about the centre, please visit http:// Apply
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.