A new opportunity has arisen for a Scrub Practitioner (Nurse or ODP) and / or a Surgical First Assistant to join our fantastic team at Southampton NHS Treatment Centre at the Royal South Hants Hospital
Looking for a better work/life balance? Southampton can offer the work life balance you are looking for!
The is no night working, no Sundays, no bank holidays and there is no on-call..there are no late shifts and no emergencies - you'll be working a list of elected surgery NHS patients; with no trauma and no peaks and troughs in your working week
You can have more time to do the things you love doing!
You will work 37.5 hours over 4 days
The salary for the Scrub Nurse / ODP is up to £30,600 and the SFA up to £33,150 per annum
Informal visits are welcome.
We will pay a RELOCATION FEE to anyone looking to relocate to Southampton/Hampshire
We are a growing business and everything we do is about putting people first, whether that be delivering exceptional care and support for our clients, or providing growth and development opportunities for our teams.
• Being responsible for the “total patient” in your care during the peri-operative phase
• Ensuring that all procedures performed meet individual patient needs, reflect good practice and are
provided by means of appropriate equipment, within the agreed patient care pathways
• Ensuring that patients made informed decisions about their surgery and that consent meets legal
• Ensuring that comprehensive theatre records are maintained in respect of all patients
• Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the theatre complex is maintained, adhering to infection
control policies and procedures, Health and Safety policies and procedures
Skills & Experience
Previous experience in a theatre setting
worked in an acute hospital
NMC Registered or HCPC registered
The salary is between £26,000 - £30,600 dependent on experience.
The closing date for applications is 30th October 2018
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.
Skills & Experience