Care UK is looking for a Patient Services Administrator (37.5 hours per week) for the Minor Injuries Unit at our Southampton Treatment Centre in the Royal South Hants Hospital
The Walk In Centre is open from 7am to 10pm; 365 days a year and the shift patterns reflect this. The salary is £16,535 per annum with enhancements for unsocial hours (post 9pm, weekends and Bank Holidays)
To provide a comprehensive, patient focused clinical administration process. The Service Administrator will be responsible for entering patient details onto the system in a timely and accurate manner, scanning documents into the system, and arranging referrals to other healthcare providers. The Service Administrator will be trained to multi-task in all of the above duties, and will complete each task in line with the working patterns as directed by the Service Administrator Supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure a courteous and prompt greeting when greeting patients upon arrival at the Centre.
• Process all patient provided information ensuring accurate and timely data entry.
• Liaise with clinical staff when required.
• Answer telephone calls and deal with patient queries and re-direct as required
• Process and forward reports, bookings to other healthcare providers in a timely fashion.
• Protect patient confidentiality and dignity by keeping patient records in an inconspicuous location at the front desk.
• Ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained and respected whilst attending to their needs at the reception desk.
• Ensure the retrieval and forwarding of general messages to the appropriate personnel within the department.
• Communicate any problems that they feel may affect the operation of the service to the Service Administrator Supervisor or Lead Clinical Staff.
• Performs other clerical duties as directed by the Service Administrator Supervisor either generally or in instances where cover is required during the absence of other team members.
• Comply with the Company Appraisal system and attend an appraisal every year.
• Ensure updated mandatory training requirements are met
• Assist in the orientation and support of new staff to the unit.
Skills & Experience
Experience in administration and reception is essential for this role and its desirable that you will have worked in the Healthcare sector
We are one of the UK largest independent sector healthcare providers and work in close partnership with the NHS to deliver more than 50 services throughout the UK. We provide high quality specialist care and excellent results for more than 50,000 patients each year.
For more information, visit Apply
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.