King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of nearly £1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 11,500 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London.
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley.
This is an exceptional opportunity which has been newly created to support the Trust in its commercial arrangements. Reporting into the Associate Director of Finance, this role is highly exposed within the organisation & externally and will be required to influence and drive change across the business. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Support the Commercial Team in setting up new commercial contracts and effective growth of the Trust’s commercial portfolio.
- Undertake Due Diligence activities and performance detail analytics to generate business intelligence for decision making.
- Provide strategic advice on the development of business cases working closely with wider teams to advise viability and profitability of services.
- Undertake a comprehensive financial due diligence of the commercial contract, tenders including modelling of financial impact to the wider stakeholders in the Trust.
The successful candidate will be an intelligent, qualified accountant who has enjoyed a progressive career and have outstanding communication skills, a passion for best practice and high-calibre influencing skills. It is likely you will have gained your professional experience from a commercial role within the public sector or from a commercially focused business where you will have been exposed to pricing, negotiation and financial modelling. This is a fantastic opportunity to support an established organisation in such a key aspect of their financial strategy.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Neeraj Beeknoo - Associate Director of Finance on Apply IMPORTANT
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our ‘Trac’ recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs. You will not be able to track the progress of your application on NHS Jobs and we will not be able to respond to emails sent through it. By applying for this post you are agreeing to King’s transferring the information contained in your application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs ( Apply
), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat