Our client is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world. They pride themselves on working with brilliant people who put their customers at the heart of everything they do.
They are an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. Committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for their patients, they are one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike.
They are currently recruiting for a Senior Cardiac Physiologist to come and join their team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide haemodynamic monitoring in the Angiography Lab for all cardiac diagnostic and interventional procedures including coronary angioplasty, left atrial appendage closures, ASD/PFO closures, TAVIs and right heart catheterisations.
- Assist the Consultant Cardiologist with pacemaker/ICD/ILR implants/explants/revisions.
- Assist the Consultant Electrophysiologist in all types of Electrophysiology/ablation procedure and be independent in operating the Carto 3 system and Cryocath.
- To have a sound working knowledge of all relevant clinical tests carried out in the department, working accurately and maintaining at all times high standards of quality.
- To familiarise yourself with all hospital and departmental protocols and guidelines.
- To be proactive in keeping up to date with advances in the field of Invasive Cardiology and be willing to attend courses and conferences to facilitate this.
- Participate in the Angiography lab on call service.
- Be flexible in working hours to provide service delivery.
- To become familiar with all relevant hospital IT systems and ensure that databases entries are up to date.
- To ensure that all procedures are carried out in accordance with local and departmental guidelines.
- To ensure that reports are generated for exams performed in the Angiography lab.
- To be prepared to train and work in new areas of Invasive Cardiology.
- To assist in the care of all equipment within the department ensuring that cleanliness is maintained, and all equipment faults are reported immediately to the supervisory person.
- To create and maintain good working relationships with all members of the team and with members of other departments.
Skills and Requirements:
- BSc in Clinical Physiology (Cardiology) BTEC
- HTEC IN MPPM M.S.C.S.T. or equivalent and current ILS
- Certification IBHRE (EP) or equivalent e.g. BHRS
- RCCP registration
- Appropriate experience working in a Senior Cardiac Physiologist role.
- Good communicator/ interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Problem solving/decision making.
- Caring, confident, competent, discreet, assertive, compassionate, and sensitive
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- Within our Oncology department, all Clinical staff trained in the Gold standard framework
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Client Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Client Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CPD
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of the company
- Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday
- You're paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on client products
- Discounted gym membership
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free health assessment
- Free massage carried out by our in-house therapy team
- Free annual flu vaccine and eye test plus contribution to cost of glasses
- Dry cleaning discounts
- Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
- Client rewards to High street Retailer discounts
- Client Boost app
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle2work scheme
- Annual awards ceremony and long service awards
- Paid career breaks
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click "Apply" to forward an up to date copy of your CV.