- To support registered nurses in providing individualised care to patients and in encouraging patients to participate in their
- Assist in delivering a high standard of care to patients, whilst promoting equality and dignity, at all
- Assist patients with their personal hygiene, mobility, physical comfort, eating and / or
- Provide support to family and friends of patients as directed by senior or qualified nursing
- Participate in various levels of patient observation and accurately record such
- Report any concerns or changes in a patient's behaviour or activity to the senior or qualified nursing
- Communicate clearly and professionally, at all levels, with clients, colleagues, patients and members of the public in a courteous, approachable and helpful
- Escort patients to and from wards and departments within the hospital you are assigned to as directed by the senior or qualified nursing
- Receive and relay messages accurately to the individual for whom the message is
- Work effectively and efficiently as part of a
Be aware of the hospitals health and safety arrangements, and the need for identifying and reporting hazards.
Be aware of your own responsibility with regards to legislative and statutory requirements.
Use client equipment and stock in a responsible manner.Arrive at all assignments punctually, wearing the correct uniform and identification badge.Assist in the maintenance of hospital cleanliness and stock levels.
Important Information - upon your arrival at a hospital for the first time you must ask for the fire procedure to be explained and for the fire exits to be shown to you. You must also ask for the clinical documentation relevant to you, as well as G.P. contact and any further emergency numbers.