I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Chelsfield Park Hospital in Orpington has a vacancy for a Radiographer to join their team of staff in the Imaging department to specialise in Mammography.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Degree or Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography.
* Healthcare Professionals Council (HCPC) registration.
* Mammography experience
* A general radiographic background / training.
* IT systems familiarity e.g. RIS / PACS.
* Knowledge of the healthcare service sector and the systems and processes used.
* Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
* Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
* Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Good team worker.
* Both punctual and reliable.
* Flexible and adaptable
* Experience working with PACs and CRIS system is desirable but not a necessity as full training will be given.
Duties of this role include:
* To actively participate in the efficient and safe operation of the Imaging Department, providing a consistent, high quality service to all patients and visitors.
* To carry out general and specialised radiographic procedures within their scope of competence as agreed with the Clinical Services Manager - Imaging / Clinical Lead to high technical and quality standards, assessing patients & interpreting clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic techniques.
* Undertake imaging examinations in line with department operational procedures and policies, using techniques that produce the lowest radiation dose to the patient and staff whilst producing high quality, diagnostic images.
* Practise good radiation, protection and safety and observe Local Rules and Systems of Work.
* Comply with departmental IRMER and Radiation Safety Policies & Procedures.
* Manage the designated working area and ensure that it is tidy, clean and efficiently run
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.