Join us and become part of the most engaged workforce of any NHS trust in England, according to the latest national NHS Staff Survey results – for the second year running.
You will be joining a dynamic and forward-looking organisation in the heart of the capital where you can develop your career and broaden your horizons.
We think you will enjoy working for us but you don’t have to take our word for it – 79% of staff who took part in the latest national NHS Staff Survey would recommend Guy’s and St Thomas’ as a place to work.
Are you ready for an innovative way of working with the opportunity to focus on cognitive and communication therapy ? Is flexibility with the way you work and your career development important to you? Is feeling truly valued and appreciated something which nurtures and inspires you? You might be looking for a team where you can be an integral part in shaping and developing the service.
If so, then NETT might be the team for you!What makes NETT special and different?
- we are open to new ideas and ways of working.
- we place high regard on person centred, holistic care and therapy.
- we value YOU; who you are as a person, the expertise that you can bring to your role.
- we are a responsive MDT community service. Initial visits take place within two days of hospital discharge and all MDT assessments are completed within a two week time period.
- we work closely alongside and with one another (multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary ways of working).
- we have been nominated for various awards but still seek to be the very best that we can be.
- health, social care and psychology all within an integrated, specialist community neuro rehabilitation service.
- our patient and carer feedback is over-whelming positive.
* Please see our case study in the extra documents section.Team model:
A five day MDT service- a Neuro Rehabilitation Consultant, a Clinical Manager, Psychologist, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapist, Social Workers, Rehab Assistants and Psychology Assistant. Work bases are the Lambeth Community Care Centre in Elephant and Castle and the Pulross Centre in Brixton.Your skills, experience and qualities:
What we can offer you:
- specialist neurological expertise in assessment and evidenced based treatment approaches
- highly developed skills in the areas of cognitive and communication disorders
- highly developed dysphagia skills
- strong collaborative MDT working skills
- evidence of working on service development initiatives and clinical audits
- leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and support junior staff
- able to contribute to our service-wide multi-disciplinary in-service training programme.
- positive and flexible approach
- you enjoy working in a MDT and as part of a close knit team.
- Direct supervision, peer supervision and the appraisal process
- Access to in-service training programme in addition to all of the benefits of belonging to Guys and St Thomas’ Foundation Trust and Kings Health Partners
- Access to external funding based upon your objectives and learning needs
- Opportunities to build upon your leadership skills
- Flexible working.
We will also consider individuals who wish to apply for a secondment.Closing Date:
23rd September at MidnightInterview Date
For further details / informal visits contact:
If you would like to speak to someone about our B7 Speech and Language Therapist post or have any questions, please contact the NETT Clinical Manager Alexia Winkworth: telephone: Apply
Applications are welcomed from applicants with a disability. We can make reasonable adjustments and offer support and advice in a variety of ways throughout the application process.
Equality of opportunity is our policy.
As an organisation we are committed to developing our services in ways that best suit the needs of our patients. This means that some staff groups will increasingly be asked to work a more flexible shift pattern so that we can offer services in the evenings or at weekends.Your e-mail address is important to us -
We communicate to all job applicants via the e-mail address which has been provided on the application form. Please ensure that you check your e-mail on a regular basis.
Please apply for this post by clicking "Apply Online Now."
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it