We have an exciting opportunity for a Bank Healthcare Assistant to join our dedicated team in theatre at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre in Plymouth.
Achieving an "outstanding" rating from the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the treatment centre is the first independent sector treatment centre to achieve this and are in the top three per cent of hospitals in the country to receive this rating.
Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre offers high quality elective surgery for the local populations of Devon and Cornwall, specialising in hip and knee joint replacements, shoulder repair, hand and elbow surgery, foot surgery and minor orthopaedic procedures. We also deliver Ophthalmology and General surgery.
Not only are our facilities state-of-the-art, with us, you will be able to focus on what really matters; delivering a high standard of patient care. You will also be able to benefit from our fully supported training programmes, on site café and free parking.
As a Healthcare Assistant in theatre, you will work with other members of the multidisciplinary team to provide a safe and supportive environment for patients and staff.
Key duties will include:
• Providinge nursing care under the direct supervision of a registered practitioner
• Checking and cleaning theatre equipment
• Ensuring that all equipment is prepared for the days operating including programming of the stack system and the setting up of the blood salvage system if required
• Acting as ‘runner’ during the procedures, including connecting devices such as air tools and suction, opening sterile items onto a sterile field
• Assisting in the safe transfer and transportation of patients throughout the department
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Experience of working within the Healthcare sector
• Experience of caring for others
• The ability to receive and communicate information accurately and take instruction from professional colleagues
• The ability to respond to a demanding environment
• NVQ level 1 & 2 in healthcare
• Good standard of general education
Please note that this is a zero hour contract.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
For more information about the centre, please visit http:// Apply
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.