I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Occupational Health Technician
Part Time (30 Hours)
Salary £20000- Pro Rata
We are seeking an Occupational Health Technician to join our team in Hinkley, Somerset. The role is part time role where the successful applicant will work 30 hours per week, 7.5 hours per day on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
As an Occupational Health Technician you will be an integral part of the team, providing a compassionate, professional clinical service that is instrumental in the quality of care our clients receive.
This is an opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals. You will enjoy working closely alongside your experienced colleagues to deliver and maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction that the industry has to offer.
The main duties of the role include:
* Undertaking health screening procedures in accordance with company protocols. These screening procedures may include general baseline measurements such as height, weight, blood pressure, and urinalysis
* Carrying out Drug and Alcohol testing. To be fully competent with the full chain of custody
* Carrying out fitness for work medicals
* Health surveillance screening including audiometry and lung function testing
* Health promotion activities
* Ensuring all medical information is accurately recorded
* Ensuring all equipment is serviceable, clean and fit for purpose
* Providing support to the whole Occupational Health team in helping the department to run smoothly and effectively
* Undertaking additional tasks as requested
* Being an active member of the Occupational Health team and promote a positive working environment
25 Days holiday (pro rata), Health cash plan, Perkbox
* Demonstrate a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
* Be able to work effectively both independently and within a team framework
* Be IT literate
* Be able to prioritise own workload and have good time management skills
* Capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines
* Understand the importance of treating all patients with respect, dignity and privacy
* Have a sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English
* Have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
* Be happy to work the occasional late shift or night shift
There is no recognised professional qualification for this role however suitable backgrounds include:
* Health Care Assistant
* Fitness Instructor
* Military Medic
* Offshore Medic Knowledge and experience of working in Occupational Health