An opportunity has become available for a Specialty Doctor to join our team at Cygnet Bierley.
Cygnet Hospital Bierley provides a range of low secure, specialist and psychiatric intensive care services for men and women, including a specialist personality disorder service for women. We have a true focus on the service user and the over-riding aim of providing the best quality treatment and care possible.
The hospital is set across four wards offering specialist mental health services in low secure and locked environments. All our services are provided under the umbrella of a recovery orientated approach and are reviewed through the CPA framework.
Denholme Ward is a locked-door service that can support up to 15 women in a psychiatric intensive care (PICU) setting.The Opportunity:
As a Specialty Doctor you will work alongside our onsite Consultant Psychiatrist (Dr. D Britto), Psychologist, Nursing Team and others members of the MDT.
You will be responsible for:
You will be offered:
- The female PICU ward of up to 15 patients
- Assessing patients with a wide range of psychiatric disorders to provide tailored care
- Initiating treatment plans using the whole person approach to the assessment and treatment of psychiatric disorders and good medical practice within the MDT setting
- Prescribing and reviewing medication under the supervision of the relevant Consultant Psychiatrist
- Initiating treatment plans using the whole person approach and good medical practice within the MDT setting
- Undertaking clinical audits and maintain and monitor standards of care
- Hours: 9:00-17.00 Monday to Friday.
- The On-Call rota is 1 in 7 nights/weekends, you will have the post on-call day off.
- The opportunity to progress to Consultant level through our CESR programme
- You will be interviewed and a programme will be formulated to assess your educational needs and to help you achieve the competencies necessary to help you progress to Consultant level.
- You will get the opportunity to rotate within the wards/services to gain experience across various subspecialties.
- You will be assigned an educational supervisor who will review your progress weekly and oversee your educational development.
- You will get support with the MRCPsych exams.
Person Specifications:Essential criteria for this post are shown in bold:Knowledge
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc.
- Monthly CPD Grand Rounds where you will attend educational meetings and get the opportunity to meet fellow psychiatrist from across the region.
- Subsidised meals on duty
- Knowledge of current rehabilitation principles and practices
- Ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes.
- Proven record of Continued Professional Development
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act Apply and Code of Practice.
- Knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity.
- Ability to manage crisis and act independently within limits of competence.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work within a Multi-disciplinary Teams
- Training in a number of therapeutic approaches
- Good IT skills
- GMC registered with a License to Practice
- Section 12 approval
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Higher qualification in psychiatry
- 3 years’ experience at Senior House Officer or higher grade
- 12 months experience in psychiatry with adults aged 18 to 65
- Experience in General Practice
- Knowledge of current issues in rehabilitation psychiatry
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enh