King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of nearly £1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 11,500 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London.
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley.Senior Clinical Pharmacist, Women’s & Children’s ServicesPharmacy Department
The Variety Club Children’s hospital is contained within King’s and provides the following services; a national paediatric liver and bowel transplant centre, regional neonatal and paediatric neurosurgery centres, regional cystic fibrosis centre, paediatric intensive care, short stay and general paediatrics services to the local community. We also provide the following Women’s services: Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Urogynaecology, Assisted Conception and Early Pregnancy Unit. Our pharmacists within women’s and Children’s
This post provides an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated pharmacist with a clinical pharmacy background to work within a high-performing team. The successful applicant will be expected to be a team player with excellent communication skills and an enthusiasm for Women’s and Children’s Clinical Pharmacy Services, a strong desire to learn and meticulous attention to detail.
The post holder will work as part of a dedicated pharmacy team to provide extensive pharmaceutical care and medicines management services to patients within these areas to ensure a seamless integrated model of care.
Opportunities available for personal and professional development include
Participation in Consultant-led ward rounds, multidisciplinary team meetings & medication reviews
- Drug expenditure reporting
- Participation in activities such as clinical audit and research, risk management and clinical guideline development.
- Provision of education and training to pharmacists, students and other healthcare professionals
- Provision of specialist advice both internally and externally.
- Additional roles such as Pre-registration tutor, JPB Diploma tutor, opportunity to become an Independent Prescriber.
The post holder will be expected to participate in the evening and weekend working services.
Interviews will be held the week beginning the 24/09/2018Closing date for applications is: 19/09/2018
For further details / informal visits contact:
Kate Pine or Aileen Parke – Women’s and Children’s Pharmacy Team leaders, on Apply
extn 35723 or email: Apply IMPORTANT
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our ‘Trac’ recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs. You will not be able to track the progress of your application on NHS Jobs and we will not be able to respond to emails sent through it. By applying for this post you are agreeing to King’s transferring the information contained in your application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences