Embrace a challenging new role full of the opportunities you need to grow your career.
Employment type: Full time
We are seeking a flexible, energetic, and enthusiastic individual with excellent motivational skills to join our team at Cygnet Churchill, a 57 bed high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for men in London.
The occupational therapy department at Cygnet Churchill is very well resourced and the building has been designed with rehabilitation in mind; facilities include a shared therapy piazza with activity rooms, music room, art room, a barber shop, library, gym, internet café, therapy kitchens, a dining room and a therapy garden.
In this role you will:
• Deliver planned activities for patients under the direction of Occupational Therapy department and Multidisciplinary Team
• Contribute ideas, create and facilitate events and activities safely and support people to structure their time through meaningful activity
• Have involvement in the delivery of one to one and group interventions
• Implement individual care plans during activity sessions and take into account specific interests and opportunities to promote choice and independence
We are looking for someone who has:
• A good understanding of mental health diagnosis
• Knowledge of recovery approaches and social inclusion is desirable
• Experience of supporting service users with mental illness
• A relevant healthcare qualification is desirable
• Effective communication skills, good organisations skills and a positive attitude.
In return we will offer:
• Increased hourly rate following successful completion of probation
• Company pension scheme
• Regular supervision from a qualified Occupational Therapist
• Opportunities for CPD, training, development and research
• Free meals on duty
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
For further information or to discuss the post, please contact:
Emily Courtier, Head of Occupational Therapy