A new opportunity has arisen for a Radiographer with MRI experience to join our team at the Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.
With an excellent reputation The Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has been delivering high quality care to patients in Somerset for 12 years. The hospital has been assessed as top of the national PROMS table from patients having had knee replacements and eighth nationally for hip replacements. It was also recently rated ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in a newly published inspection report - putting it at the very top of the regulator’s quality ratings across England.
We are currently replacing our existing MRI scanner with a GE 1.5T Signa Explorer, with work due to be completed in August, and are looking forward to expanding our MRI services once this is comlete.
We offer a range of treatments across a number of specialities including general surgery, orthopaedics, endoscopy, gastroenterology. gynaecology, urology, ENT and ophthalmology. We also provide diagnostic imaging and pain management services.
As part of the radiology team, you will work closely with the department manager and other team members to ensure the delivery of clinically safe, high quality services to patients and users of the service.
Key duties will include:
• Undertaking all radiographic duties efficiently and to a high standard
• To be conversant with all MRI procedures as well as general x-ray, mobile and theatre radiography
• Checking patient identification and documentation, and assuring appropriate radiographic examinations are carried out in accordance with departmental protocols and clinical requests
• Maintaining patient records for all examinations as per department protocol
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Extensive post graduate general radiography experience
• Recent MRI experience
• Evidence of recent completion of BLS resuscitation skills, manual handling and fire evacuation/safety courses
• Experience within the acute hospital sector
• DCR (Diploma of College of Radiographers) or equivalent
• HCPC registration
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
Care UK has been awarded an 8 year contract, in partnership with Somerset Partnership NHS Trust, to develop and manage the health and wellbeing campus at Shepton Mallet. This is an exciting venture, one which will give an opportunity to progress innovative ways of providing healthcare in line with the NHS Five Year Forward View’s vision of bringing care closer to home. The prospect for individuals working with us in this dynamic leading-edge environment will give professional healthcare practitioners a chance to drive improvements in local healthcare provision.
For more information please visit http:// Apply
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.