Due to a projected expansion of the service at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre we are actively looking to recruit across all departments. Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre was the first independently owned treatment centre to receive an “outstanding” CQC rating so if you are looking to join an organisation that puts the patient at the heart of everything we do then we want to hear from you.
We have an opportunity for Physiotherapy Assistants to join our multidisciplinary team.
Not only are our facilities state-of-the-art, with us, you will be able to focus on what really matters; delivering a high standard of patient care. You will also be able to benefit from our fully supported training programmes, on site café and free parking.
Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre offers high quality elective surgery for the local populations of Devon and Cornwall, specialising in hip and knee joint replacements, shoulder repair, hand and elbow surgery, foot surgery and minor orthopaedic procedures. We also deliver Ophthalmology and General surgery.
Relocation packages available.
As a key member of Physiotherapy team, you will be expected to provide specific skilled support work and assist in the provision of intensive therapeutic treatment programs for individuals and groups of patients alongside professional therapists.
Key duties will include:
• Working unsupervised in carrying out established planned treatment programmes with patients and being responsible for organising own patient caseload
• Monitoring response to intervention and communicate changes to the Physiotherapist involved
• Maintaining treatment records and statistics
• Supporting the running of the Physiotherapy service through clerical and administration tasks, stock checks, ordering and maintenance of equipment
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent experience gained in acute healthcare setting
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• NVQ Level 2 in Healthcare
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
For more information about the centre, please visit http:// Apply
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.