We have an exciting new opportunity for a Clinical Coder to join our multidisciplinary team based at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre in Bristol.
We offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
Applicants should have completed the Clinical Coding Standards Course (formerly the Foundation course) and have a good knowledge of ICD-10 and OPCS coding. Being an Accredited Clinical Coder (ACC) and having a basic knowledge of human anatomy, pathology and surgical procedures is also preferable but not essential for this role.
The successful applicant will be part of a team responsible for the clinical coding across 5 NHS Treatment Centres. As clinical coding is completed using electronic patient records, excellent communication and computer skills are also needed.
This position also offers flexible working hours as well as excellent training and development opportunities.
Senior Finance Manager
As a Clinical Coder; you will be expected to deliver accurate and timely clinical coding data. You will analyse, interpret and abstract relevant information (including complex conditions and treatments) and code patient’s clinical case notes using nationally agreed classifications and codes.
Key duties will include:
• Extracting and interpreting all the necessary information relating to diagnosis and operative procedures for in-patient, out-patient and day case activity across all specialties in an accurate and timely manner
• Translating clinical information into codes adhering to National Standards using ICD-10 and OPCS classifications, and inputting the data onto the Patient Administration System (PAS)
• Taking responsibility for the completion of each months coding and maintaining internal and external timescales
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will:
• Have good knowledge of ICD-10 and OPCS coding
• Basic knowledge of human anatomy, pathology and surgical procedures
• Analytical and organisational skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Clinical Coding Standards Course (formerly the Foundation course)
• National Clinical Coding Qualification (NCCQ) is preferable but not essential
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
For more information about Emersons Green, please visit http:// Apply
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.