An exciting opportunity has become available to join us as a Specialty Doctor at Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke.
Cygnet Kewstoke is a 58 bed inpatient hospital which provides an emergency admissions service for men and a pathway for women from low secure to rehabilitation including a specialist service for personality disorder. This beachside location, just outside Weston-super-Mare, helps us provide a quiet, peaceful and therapeutic environment which can offer service users a broad range of therapies including CAT, CBT, Schema Therapy, EMDR and DBT.
As a Specialty Doctor you will work closely with the Consultant Psychiatrist to provide continuous medical cover on a daily basis to the patients on the ward and emergency cover for other wards where appropriate.
You will undertake initial clerking and mental state examination of patients on admission.
Assessment, appropriate investigation, diagnosis and treatment under Consultant supervision of inpatients of the unit. Maintenance of full records of medical and psychiatric assessments and interventions.
Good communication with the multi-disciplinary team ward nursing staff, including morning handover meetings each working day. Participation in weekly Ward Rounds and in other multidisciplinary meetings, including Care Programme Approach Meetings (CPA), Mental Health Review Tribunals and Section 117 meetings.
Communication and liaison with mental health and other agencies and professionals as required for patient assessment and for co-ordination of discharge plans.
General working hours for this role is 2.5 days per week and this role will also include participating in the on call rota - 1 night per week and 1 full weekend in every 5. These do include visits to site.
We are looking for people who have:
• Full GMC registration
• Relevant experience within an inpatient mental health setting
• The ability to interview and assess patients whilst making informed decisions in reference to appropriate treatment options
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to write clear comprehensive medical notes
• Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
• Up to date record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
• The ability to work as part of a Multidisciplinary Team
• Desirable: MRCPsych or equivalent
In return, we will offer you:
• Salary: Up to £39k for 20 hours
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Study leave and CPD opportunities
• Company pension scheme
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
We have almost 30 years’ experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways.
At Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke, service users may often have been non-compliant with treatment in another setting and this may be their first contact with an inpatient mental health service. We understand and are skilled at making the admission as stress-free and welcoming as is possible. Nash Ward is often the first step of a seamless pathway for men and our aim is a short, rapid intervention to help people regain a sense of control and order in their lives, so they can move to a less restrictive care setting and return home.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Are you seeking a new Specialty Doctor role where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.