I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Manufacturing Engineer - Medical Device & Aerospace background considered.
This is a very fresh role thats only been on the market for 48 hours. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
The Manufacturing Engineer will create manufacturing processes adhering to all established industry engineering standards. This position will provide timely quotes on customer projects, provide technical guidance and assistance with machine/tooling selection, programming and setup, while continuously striving to reduce overall manufacturing cost, increase profitability and meet customer requirements. The Manufacturing Engineer will also effectively teach engineering sciences and techniques to fellow team members.
* Provide manufacturing engineering support for precision machining, finishing and assembly.
* Provide timely quotes for potential and incoming projects and communicate information to management.
* Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of product design, materials, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
* Assist / train Engineering Technicians / Process Technicians in machine set-up and optimization of machining processes for safety, quality, schedule and cost guidelines.
* Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, design layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency.
* Consult with customer design engineering and in-house production staff regarding product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
* Work with customers to determine product specifications and arrange with vendors for purchase of equipment, materials, parts and product evaluation.
* Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
* Consult with management, engineering, quality and production regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
* Ensure compliance with all FDA, ISO, quality, safety and environmental regulations and initiatives.
* Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
* Generate CNC code for machining complex components utilizing strong GD&T and inspection skills.
* Develop documentation and systems on best practices and implement throughout the facility
* Initiate and lead process and products improvement program for cycle time, cost, scrap and machine downtime reduction - removing waste from all manufacturing operations and implement lean manufacturing throughout the facility.
* Create robust manufacturing processes adhering to all established industry standards and constantly strive to push the limits of machining and manufacturing to tighter tolerances and stringent requirements, maximizing efficiency and quick changeovers.
* Participate on customer project teams for product transfers, launches, or other customer requirements
* Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisor/management as deemed appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office, AutoCAD & CadCAM software packages and MRP/ERP systems (Epicor preferred).
* Measuring devices
* GMP regulations
* Scheduling work to achieve goals
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to perform effectively in a team environment focused on customer needs.
* Support Lean initiatives in day to day production processes.
* Strong process engineering skills including: work piece control concepts, tolerance stacking, datum controls, and fixturing concepts. Requires the ability to design processes based on maximizing efficiency and quick changeovers.
* Knowledge of process validations, process mapping and process excellence is a definite plus.
* Strong machining, assembly and finishing troubleshooting skills combined with ability to review method of manufacture.
* Knowledge of drafting/CAD and CAM, Master CAM is highly desirable.
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related field and a minimum of two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
* Prior experience creating CNC code for machining complex components in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to troubleshoot (problem solve & 8D) and resolves manufacturing process issues, develop and implement detailed project plans, develop and institute cost improvement programs, and be able to apply engineering and quality principles in support of manufacturing.
* Ability to read, interpret and utilize engineering drawings and electronic data for product and process development.