I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
We are seeking a committed and experienced Senior Biomedical Scientist to join our client's Haematology and Blood Transfusion team on the beautiful Island of Guernsey , in the Channel Islands.
The Haematology Department uses the following platforms:
- Horiba Medical Pentra DX/DF
- Werfen TOP 300
- Ves-Matic 30 ESR processor
The Blood Transfusion Department uses the following platforms:
- IH-1000 Biorad grouping analyser
- Mirasol pathogen reduction system.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the Agenda for Change banding system, but have applied their own salary scale, as above.
Combined with the lower income tax rate and no VAT this equates to a salary of over one band higher than the UK-equivalent Band.
The current Guernsey Band 7 salary is up to £50,200
The States of Guernsey delivers a diverse range of healthcare services, diagnosing and treating patients within the hospital, and supporting people with disabilities in the wider community.
Their Health Service provides excellent care, supported by modern equipment and Health Professionals recruited to a very high standard.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches , an especially mild and sunny climate , and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter's Port, the island's capital.
- Biomedical Scientist with full HCPC registration.
- Current or recent Band 6 or 7 experience (or independent sector equivalent) with a full range of Haematology and Transfusion skills
- Proficient in providing training and supervision of junior scientific staff within the IBMS training guidelines. To work individually or as part of a small team
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary
- An annual bonus of £1,120
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- A relocation payment of £5,000 with generously subsidised rental allowance, or on-site staff accommodation provided.
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of qualified Allied Health Professionals.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity of the Biomedical Scientist role places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Therapy Recruiting Managers.
For a summary of all current Biomedical Scientist roles, click HERE .
If this job is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.