Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health services and community services for more than one million people in Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Heywood, Middleton, Stockport, Trafford, Tameside and Glossop. The Trust’s Headquarters is based in Ashton-under-Lyne, ten miles north east of Manchester city centre.
The Trust provides support to all new starters, in patient facing roles bands 1 to 4, to successfully complete the Care Certificate standards relevant to their role. The certificate provides knowledge and skills to enable staff to perform safely and effectively.
The Trust is committed to improving the working lives of our employees. We actively promote equal opportunities, flexible working & staff support
We are committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults & expect all employees & volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to regulated activities will require an enhanced DBS disclosure
Everything we do is underpinned by five meaningful CARES values:C
These shape how we work, define what we stand for and show everyone what Pennine Care is all about.
The Trust reserves the right to close this post once a sufficient number of applications have been submitted. It is encouraged that you complete the application at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist - Oldham CAMHS 10 PAs – full time or job shareService/Ward/Department Summary:
The post holder will provide specialist out-patient and consultation services to children and young people up to 16 years in generic CAMHS, and some limited work with ages of 16 - 17 years. Based in Oldham, you will work as part of the main CAMHS team where there are good links and working relationships with other agencies including Hospital and Community Paediatrics, the Local Authority and Working Age Adult services.Role Summary:
The post holder will provide both a generic mental health service to children and adolescents up to 16th birthday, and also limited work with 16 – 17 years age group. The multi-disciplinary team in Oldham is supportive and well resourced offering a range of therapeutic interventions including CBT, Family Therapy, Psychotherapy and DBT. You will manage a caseload of children and young people with a wide range of mental health needs. You will have responsibility for direct clinical work and provide supervision and consultation to the multi-disciplinary team. You will contribute to the management of referrals and the medical waiting list. You will provide effective multi-agency liaison with various relevant departments and undertake local strategic management tasks as appropriate to the post. You will have excellent clinical leadership and communication skills.Key Responsibilities of the Post:
- To provide a psychiatric service for children and young people in Oldham
- To undertake direct clinical work and provide supervision and consultation to the MDT and work in partnership with other agencies.
- To take clinical responsibility for a caseload
- To work creatively with other agencies who are involved with children and young people (Paediatrics, Schools and Colleges, Local Authority, YOT, Drug and Alcohol services, Connexions)
- To provide clinical supervision as required to junior medical staff – the service provides placements for Core, Speciality and GP Trainees.
- To support the continued development of Oldham CAMHS service
- To adhere to all relevant local and national safeguarding policies and procedures
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
- To work closely with the Operational Manager and multi-disciplinary team in Oldham and also with CAMHS Consultants from other boroughs across the Trust and Directorate Managers.
- Possession of CCT in either Child & Adolescent Psychiatry or be within 6 months of achieving this or entered on the GMC Specialist Register
- Section 12 Approval under Mental Health Act 1983 and Approved Clinician status
- Demonstrable competency across the curriculum for higher training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Excellent clinical leadership and communication skills