Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via the NHS Jobs website or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your NHS Jobs and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.Junior Physiotherapist (Band 5 ) NHS, Bristol, to £22,128 to 28,746 + excellent NHS benefitsJunior Physiotherapists
are required by one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. Based at Southmead Hospital with a basic of up to £28,746 excellent NHS benefits, you will be responsible for an acute physiotherapy case-load in a busy and dynamic environment.WHY APPLY?
The position is a fantastic opportunity to take on a role with:
- Joining our large rotational scheme (6 monthly rotations) areas such as complex care, neuroscience, ICU, orthopaedics, burns and plastics and out-patients
- Working in acute clinical areas with experienced Clinical Leads, supervision and embedded objectives.
- Gaining a wide range of skills and experience
- Working with other junior physiotherapists in monthly peer support sessions
North Bristol trust is one of the UK's largest NHS Trusts (£550m turnover and 7000+ staff), all the rotations are based on The Southmead Hospital site and predominately in the state of the art Brunel Building.THE ROLE:
As Job Title, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing a high standard of physiotherapy service in each of the acute rotational clinical areas
- Working effectively with all members of the multi-disciplinary team, physiotherapy colleagues and outside agencies to provide information about physiotherapy treatment and contributing to Flow
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers to progress treatment programmes, provide reassurance and facilitate discharge
The successful Junior Physiotherapist will have good experience in:
- A wide range of placements at undergraduate level
- Organising and prioritising own workload and delegating responsibilities as appropriate
- Respiratory experienced preferred
- Working in multi-discplinary teams
- The successful applicant will be required to participate in weekend working
Or contact Jill Boot Jill.email@example.com or Liz Britton
or on 07808201367
if you have further questions.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Liz Britton, Lead Physiotherapist 07808201367
The following is applicable for ‘At Risk’ employees, who must meet the essential shortlisting criteria to be eligible for interview.
Those from within North Bristol NHS Trust who apply for this role will be considered for shortlisting in the first instance.
Those from within the BNSSG (Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire) who apply for this role will be considered in the second instance.
Those covered by the South West Employment Transition Framework who apply for this role will be considered in the third instance.
If no applicant is appointed from the above ‘at-risk’ pools, those from the open market will then be considered for shortlisting.
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note that this Trust does not reimburse travel expenses relating to interview attendance.
If you feel you meet the requirements of the Disability Act / Two Ticks scheme and require further support/advice, please contact us on tel 0117 4141151.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant(s) will normally commence at the minimum of the scale unless they have previous NHS service at the same band. Progression through the scale is by annual increments.
Please note that stringent pre-employment checks are undertaken on all successful applicants prior to commencement in post. Please refer to the ‘Information for Prospective Employees’ attachment for information relating to DB