I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Respiratory Lead Physiotherapist
Salary up to £45000
We are looking for a dynamic and dedicated Respiratory Clinical Lead Physiotherapist, with extensive experience in delivering Respiratory physiotherapy services, to manage the daily running of the Respiratory side of our Physio department service.
Reporting to the Inpatient Physiotherapy Manager, you will be responsible for providing highly specialised assessment and intervention for a varied caseload of respiratory inpatients and outpatients including patients who may have highly complex presentations. You will support the development of the respiratory service, striving to ensure best practice, maximum efficiency and productivity and cost effectiveness. In addition you will supervise, initiate and participate in evidence based projects and lead in-service training sessions as required.
Located on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our independent private Hospital has just been rated the number one in the country for care in the latest Bupa survey.
* To supervise, teach and appraise members of the physiotherapy department team as required.
* To develop and promote a positive, dynamic image and culture to both internal and external stakeholders. At all times striving to reflect and encourage the hospital's values
* To have overall accountability for the planning and management of own complex and specialised caseload of patients and to organise this effectively and efficiently with regards to clinical priorities and use of time
* To utilise advanced clinical reasoning and analytical skills with evidence based knowledge to assess and diagnose patients and implement appropriate physiotherapy management plans as an autonomous practitioner.
* To make competent use of treatment options such as advice, exercise prescription, respiratory retraining techniques, airways clearance, breathlessness management and appropriate adjuncts, aids and equipment.
* To use highly advanced communication and behaviour change skills to facilitate a long term self-management approach with patients living with acute/or chronic respiratory conditions.
* To continuously assess, evaluate and modify treatment aims, objectives and desired outcomes in collaboration with the patient, any carers and multidisciplinary team.
* To make recommendations to colleagues and members of the MDT, based on advanced theoretical and practical knowledge regarding the ongoing management of patients
* To produce up to date, clear evidence based resources for patients.
* To lead the pulmonary rehabilitation programme in line with current research and guidelines.
Required Skills and Experience:
* BSc (hons) degree in Physiotherapy or diploma or equivalent
* Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration for physiotherapy
* Evidence of post graduate professional development in the respiratory physiotherapy specialism
* Evidence of study or intending to study at Masters level
* Member of specialist interest group
* Evidence of additional specialist knowledge acquired through relevant post-graduate physiotherapy training.
* Experience of working with an array of patients in the inpatient and outpatient respiratory setting.
* Experience of a wide range of approaches for the management of complex respiratory patients.
* Knowledge and experience of audit and research.
* Experience of lecturing/teaching
* Evidence of staff and service management.
* Evidence of service development experience.
* Experience of multidisciplinary team working.
* Experience of working at Band 7 level
* Experience of teaching to own professional group and MDT
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
* Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
* For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
* Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
* Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
* 27 days annual leave
* We can provide short-term accommodation for new starters
* Ongoing training and development programmes
* Discounts at local, national and online shops
* Interest-free season ticket loans
* Cycle to work loan scheme
* Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
* Childcare vouchers
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
Join us and become part of the most engaged workforce of any NHS trust in England, according to the latest national NHS Staff Surve...
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
PRIVACY NOTICEAll applications submitted via NHS Jobs will be imported into Trac, the applicant management/recruitment system used ...