I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Esperance Hospital in Eastbourne has a vacancy for a S onographer to join their team of staff in the Imaging department .
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Diploma in medical ultrasound (DMU) or Post-graduate certificate or diploma (Pg Cert / Dip)
* To be competent to assess, scan, diagnose and report ultrasound caseload maintaining accurate patient records at all times.
* Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements of safe clinical practice and the responsibilities and accountability that are associated with this role.
* To understand the importance of Health & Safety regulations; maintaining good ergonomics and posture when scanning to reduce the risks associated with repetitive strain injury (RSI).
* Broad range of sonography competencies matched to the job description.
* Experience of autonomous practice and independent reporting is essential.
* Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
* Able to provide support and encouragement to colleagues recognising ideas and contributions of all members of the team
* An ability to cope in a fast-paced working environment whilst producing high quality images and succinct and accurate reporting of all examinations
* Committed to self -learning and professional development.
Duties of this role include:
* To actively participate in the efficient and safe operation of the Imaging Department, providing a consistent, high quality ultrasound service to all patients.
* To carry out diagnostic ultrasound scans within their scope of competence as agreed with the Clinical Services Manager - Imaging / Clinical Lead to high technical and quality standards.
* Manage the designated working area and ensure that it is tidy, clean and efficiently run.
* Use initiative to prioritise, deliver and time-manage workload effectively.
* As requested, assist clinical modality leads to plan and maintain an effective work flow within the department.
* To complete and maintain applicable departmental records including the completion and submission of patient charges in a timely manner.
* Report all equipment malfunctions or faults to the manager and, if necessary, undertake any further action to ensure the safe operation of the equipment.
* Participate in, and contribute to, Quality Assurance tests within the Imaging Department.
* Complete all relevant mandatory training within BMiLearn timescales
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.