An exciting opportunity has become available for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our team at Sherwood Lodge.
Cygnet Sherwood Lodge is a CQC "Outstanding" 17 bed specialist learning disability rehabilitation service for men with learning disabilities and other complex needs. The hospital has a further nine bed step-down service, allowing for further community integration and focus on daily living skills.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist you will have medical responsibility for patients across the service and work as part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT); working collaboratively with other AHPs.
To have overall responsibility of patient treatment plans, whilst liaising with the multidisciplinary team. You will also lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management and embed clinical governance within the hospital.
Be responsible for the supervision of reports for Mental Health Act Tribunals and managers' hearings and attend hearings whenever possible. There will also be a requirement to participate in the on-call weekend rota.
Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
• Current experience as a Consultant Psychiatrist
• GMC registration, Section 12 Approval and AC Status
• Experience of working in with an Adult Learning Disability client group
• Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
• MRCPsych or equivalent
• Knowledge of risk assessment and risk management principles
• Proven record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
• Excellent communication skills
In return, we will offer
• Salary circa: £ Apply
(depending on experience)
• Generous annual leave entitlement which increases with length of service
• CPD support and study leave
• Contributory pension scheme
• The opportunity to undertake further learning and development
Cygnet have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for almost 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes, those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused, provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
If you are interested in applying for this role and would like to speak with someone, please contact Dr Venkat Boyapati on Apply
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.