Are you a Speech and Language Therapist looking for a new challenge?
Give your career a positive change with an exciting opportunity that has become available at Cygnet Brunel in Bristol.
We are currently recruiting a Band 6/7 Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist to join our team on a full time or part time basis.Cygnet Brunel
is a purpose-built 32 bed service providing neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative rehabilitation for men with mental health difficulties and acquired brain injury who require specialist therapy-led rehabilitation and support. We are committed to maximising personal choice and independence, and supporting each individual to draw up their own individual care plan so that physical, emotional, social and personal development needs are met in a person-centred way.Job Role
As a Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, you will have a unique opportunity to lead on the development and delivery of an evidence-based SLT service to meet the needs of the specialist caseload with complex needs associated with their diagnosis. As part of a full multi-disciplinary team on-site, you will work with all staff across the hospital to support the implementation of the therapeutic and neuropsychiatric approach. You will be expected to lead the SLT service development within the hospital and report directly to the deputy head of SLT (South Region) and unit manager. You will also be part of a companywide SLT service and contribute to the service enhancement through intervention development, meetings and conferences.In return we offer:
- Excellent Clinical Supervision, CPD and developmental opportunities for clinical and non-clinical duties.
- Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team
- Routine service meetings with Speech and Language Therapists
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employee rewards and discount benefits scheme
- Full induction training
?You will also learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession and you will be learning all the time through our on-going mentoring and support systems.Candidate Profile
We are looking for a Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist with:
- Experience in the field of neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative rehabilitation for individuals with complex needs which may include behaviour that challenges.
- Understanding of Positive Behaviour Support with an emphasis on person-centred planning.
- Experience of independently assessing and managing dysphagia and/or associated difficulties.
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion
- We would considered an experienced band 6 looking to progress into a band 7 role.
You must have a degree or a post graduate diploma in Speech and Language Therapy and be registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC). Successful candidates will need to meet the person specification in order to be invited to interview for this post.About Us
We have almost 30 years’ experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways.Requirements
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Interview for successful candiates will be held the week commencing 27th of August.
Please contact Carla Bartlett (Head of Speech and Language Therapy) on Apply
if you wish to discuss this post in more details or organise a visit to the Brunel House.Closing Date: 17th August 2018Please note vacancy may close prior to this date if a large number of applications are received.Click the link to apply.