A new and exciting opportunity has become available to join us as a Specialty Doctor / Associate Specialist at Cygnet Derby.
Cygnet Hospital Derby provides low secure and mental health rehabilitation care based on the Recovery Model. This role will be based on Litchurch Ward which is a Male ward, providing low secure care and treatment for service users with a diagnosed mental illness, or dual diagnosis, that requires treatment and rehabilitation.
You will carry out initial clerking and mental state examination of patients on admission including completion of Physical Healthcare Assessments.
Assessment, appropriate investigation, diagnosis and treatment under Consultant supervision of inpatients of the unit. Each patient must be interviewed and reassessed at a frequency appropriate to their individual clinical needs and sufficient to monitor changes and make timely modifications to the treatment plan.
Good communication with ward nursing staff and wider MDT, including morning handover meetings each working day. Participation in weekly ward rounds and in other multidisciplinary meetings, including case conferences, CPA and Section 117 meetings.
Participation in treatment plans or programmes as appropriate and the on call rota which is 1 in 3 weeks out of hours.
We are looking for people who have:
- Full GMC registration
- Experience in Adult Psychiatry
- Any experience working with Personality Disorder is desirable
- Awareness of current issues and controversies in service provision, mental health policy and legislation
- The ability to interview / assess / treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Experience of multidisciplinary team working
- Proven record of CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- Desirable: Section 12 and Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Physicians, General Practitioners or equivalent
In return, we will offer you:
- Salary: £75,000 to £83,000 (depending on experience/qualifications)
- The ability to work alongside Consultant Psychiatrists, Specialty Doctors and MDT
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- CPD support and study leave
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care. Our expert and highly dedicated care enables 2200 individuals across 108 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in applying for this role and would like to speak with someone for an informal discussion about the opportunity, please contact Mark Varney on Apply
or via email: Apply
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you seeking a new and rewarding challenge where you can make a positive change?
Please click the link to apply.