Are you an Occupational Therapist looking for a new challenge within acute inpatient mental health?
Give your career a positive change with an exciting opportunity that has become available at Cygnet Harrow.
We are currently recruiting an Occupational Therapist to work 30 hrs per week, across 4 days between Monday to Friday.
Cygnet Hospital Harrow provides a specialist service for adults with Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Mental Illness. It offers a pathway of 3 wards providing integrated mental health rehabilitation with varying degrees of security and freedom to reintegrate into the community. We believe that service users who are the leaders in their recovery have the best outcomes, and place a strong emphasis on being recovery-focused. We have a recovery college on site supported by a full time lead where the patients can work towards qualifications. There is a real focus on co-production and our patients are integral co-producers and co-deliverers of the courses.
This role will be working on Byron Ward which provides an acute in-patient psychiatric service for a wide range of psychological and emotional problems, including addictions. Set in a calming and therapeutic environment the ward can support up to 18 men and women. The service aims to help people stabilise and enable individuals to return to the community, or the least restrictive environment for them, as quickly as possible. The approach is recovery based and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) focused.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will provide direct clinical care which will encompass OT assessments, treatment and management of patients within the service.
In this role you will assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to service user’s diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly.
Prioritisation is key to manage the caseload of clients effectively and you will work closely with the Occupational Therapy and multidisciplinary team onsite.
We are looking for people who have:
• A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy and registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
• Membership of the RCOT (Royal College of Occupational Therapy) or equivalent
• Currently operating as a Band 5 OT (or equivalent)
• Any experience in the field of adult mental health and/or acute inpatient mental health is desirable
• The ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Excellent communication / time management skills
In return, we will offer you:
• Salary in the region of £24,500
• Company pension scheme
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support allowing for clinical case discussion
• OT email group for peer support and face-to-face service meetings bi-monthly in your specialist area
• Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development
• Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists – Sue Parkinson and Eadioan Breathnach
• Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
• Subsidised meals
With over 120 OTs in the company, we also work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with various specialist interest groups to tap into, including Autism, Learning Disabilities and Sensory Integration, to name a few.
Cygnet Healthcare also coordinates the National Service User Awards, with service users on the team who plan and run the event every year. Service users’ voices are listened to at every level in Cygnet from community meetings to service user councils, and they are represented in our governance meetings, and on the board. We strongly encourage and support our patients to attend and participate in the local and national Recovery Outcomes Groups. We are one of the few services to boast an Expert by Experience Lead on our team, and are actively developing a team of Experts by Experience for the whole company.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.