Are you a Speech and Language Therapist looking for a new challenge within adult autism?
Give your career a positive change with an exciting opportunity that has become available at Broughton House in Brant Broughton, Lincolnshire.
We are currently recruiting a Band 7 / Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist to join our team on a full time or part time basis.
Broughton House is a mixed gender, 52 week residential care for young people aged 16-25 with autism and severe learning disabilities, often accompanied by complex needs and challenging behaviour. Broughton House also has a number of residential care homes in the local community.The Opportunity
As a Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, you will have a unique opportunity to lead on the development and delivery of an evidence-based SLT service to meet the needs of the complex client group. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will use expert skills to assess, advise and intervene with the aim of promoting functional communication systems and optimal independence.
You will have highly developed clinical and professional skills and be able to work autonomously as well as be an integral part of the team to drive forward developments across the setting as well as in the SLT service; including training others and promoting good practice.
This will include the identification, development and implementation of a successful total communication environment. You will offer support and advice on a daily basis and support transitional needs where required. You will be part of a company wide SLT service and contribute to the service development. At this level, you will also be required to provide ongoing supervision to junior members of the team, and support the team to embed positive communication approaches as part of a standard good practice pathway.We are looking for people who have:
• A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Speech and Language Therapy and registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
• Membership of the RCSLT (Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy) or equivalent
• Currently operating as a Senior Speech and Language Therapist in a Band 7 (Highly Specialist) position
• Experience working within Autism (ASD), Learning Disabilities and complex needs / challenging behaviours is essential
• A high level of clinical SLT knowledge such as AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) approaches
• A Qualification in Dysphagia management desirable
• The ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Excellent communication / time management skillsIn return, we will offer you:
• Salary up to £47,092 (depending on experience)
• Excellent Clinical Supervision, CPD and developmental opportunities for clinical and non-clinical duties
• Company pension scheme
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
• Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team
• Routine service meetings with Speech and Language Therapists
• Employee rewards and discount benefits schemeAbout Us
We have almost 30 years’ experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways.Requirements
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on Monday 20th August.
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Carla Bartlett (Head of Speech and Language Therapy) on Apply
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.