Are you an newly qualified Occupational Therapist looking for a new challenge within mental health?
Give your career a positive change with an exciting opportunity which has become available at Cygnet Stevenage Hospital. We are recruiting for a Band 5 Occupational Therapist to work 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Cygnet Hospital Stevenage is located just off J8 of the A1M, on the northern outskirts of Stevenage in Hertfordshire the hospital is easily reached from Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire. Stevenage itself also has a regular train service connecting it to Kings Cross in London. The hospital is purpose built with 88 beds split into six wards that provide two separate care pathways for men and women from medium secure through low secure to locked services. A new women’s acute ward opened in January 2014.
We currently have a position for a Occupational Therapist on our therapy team and play a role in the wider MDT.
Cygnet Healthcare also coordinates the National Service User Awards, with service users on the team who plan and run the event every year. Service users’ voices are listened to at every level in Cygnet from community meetings to service user councils, and they are represented in our governance meetings, and on the board. We strongly encourage and support our patients to attend and participate in the local and national Recovery Outcomes Groups. We are one of the few services to boast an Expert by Experience Lead on our team, and are actively developing a team of Experts by Experience for the whole company.
In this role you will:
• Manage a defined caseload of clients with complex needs, using evidence based/client centered principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
• Working alongside the Head of Occupational Therapy to oversee the Occupational Therapy Assistant, who will assist you in your day to day duties, including therapeutic activity.
• Deliver a clinical service for a complex client group, using a range of skills and knowledge in assessment and intervention methods within a coherent framework.
• Provide support to a dedicated care and support team under supervision of the Head of Occupational Therapy and Ward Manager, in order to facilitate optimal engagement with patients and to maximize their development of independent living skills.
We are looking for people who have:
• A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy, registration with the Health Care Professions Council and a member of the Royal College of Occupational Therapy
• Currently operating as a Specialist OT (Band 6) / or equivalent
• An understanding of Occupational Therapy process and interventions.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• A good understanding of core Occupational Therapy skills and the motivation to keep up-to-date with current best practice in OT
• Excellent communication / time management skills
In return, we will offer you:
• Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists – Sue Parkinson and Eadioan Breathnach
• Company pension scheme
• Free life assurance
• A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount center
• Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
• Subsidized meals
• CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for almost 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused, provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.