I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Job Title: Consultant General Surgeon
** Annual Bonus + length of service bonuses + continuous training and career development**
Key Details: I am recruiting for a General Surgeon Consultant to join an expanding Private Hospital located in Somerset. You will treat NHS & Private Patients and I am looking for a passionate Consultant who will provide the best possible, personalised care to the people of Somerset and surrounding areas.
The Key details are -
Location: Somerset - within easy access via Train, Bus and car with free car park
Salary: £80,000 - £100,000 per annum / £32.05 - £40.06 per hour based on 48 hours per week
Bonus: Annual bonus provided.
Hours: Full Time - 48 - 40 scheduled hours and then 8 unscheduled which is used for on-call and extra such as overtime
Contract Type: Permanent
Employee Benefits: In return for providing your skills, experience and passion in delivering outstanding patient care, you will be rewarded and provided opportunities for progression and continuous training. Benefits are also included which are;
* A salary that gives the NHS a run for their money
* Annual colleague bonus
* Relocation package
* A generous pension schemes
* 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays) to enjoy some well-deserved R&R
* Private medical and dental
* Childcare vouchers
* Free onsite gym
* Free parking
* Life insurance
* A free lunch (turns out there is such a thing!)
* A catalogue of unique training courses, from IT skills to leadership training with a twist
* The opportunity to make a real difference, without the red tape.
Further Details about the role: I am looking to recruit a Consultant who specialises within General Surgery to join a team within the Surgical team and be able to commute to a site located in Somerset on request. You will be reporting into the Medical Director. As a General Surgeon you will be required to perform a range of general surgical procedures on patients referred to the Hospital while working in accordance with the Hospital protocols and working practices. The surgeon will participate in the outpatient evaluation of patients prior to surgery, and in all aspects of the peri-operative care of patients. It is anticipated that the surgeon will spend at least three days in the operating theatre and two days a week on outpatient evaluation and management of patients referred to the centre.
You will also need to demonstrate commitment to excellent teamwork with clinical colleagues, willingness to utilise and develop clinical care pathways in the overall management of patients and assist in improving these pathways over time, and a very positive attitude to dealing with patients. A commitment to provide out of hours on call cover on a rota basis will be required. This is to be determined with colleagues. Opportunities may arise for further clinical work in addition to the basic contract.
Person Specification: I am looking for the successful applicant for this Consultant General Surgeon opportunity to demonstrate a high level of operative skill in the following areas:
* Inguinal, Femoral, and other Hernia Repair - both Open and Laparoscopic
* Haemorrhoidectomy and other Perianal Procedures - Cholecystectomy - both Open and Laparoscopic.
* Varicose Vein Surgery
* Minor Surgical Procedures
* Proven ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients without direct supervision
* Knowledge of evidence-based practice
* Excellent clinical skills
* Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
* Fluent English and proven verbal and written communicate
* Ability to take responsibility and show evidence of team leadership
* Commitment to the audit process
* Maintaining practice in line with recent professional developments.
UK registerable Medical Degree is a must along with FRCA or equivalent. A Past record of academic achievement is required and a Full and Specialist GMC Registration in relevant speciality.
If this role isn't for you but you know somebody else who could be suitable please refer them to us. If they get the job we will send you £100 as a thank you! (make sure they give your name when they contact us).