* NEW SERVICE OPENING *
An exciting opportunity has become available for a HCPC Registered Clinical or Forensic Psychologist to join us. This role will be working Monday to Friday 37.5hrs per week.
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone will be a brand new purpose built 65 bed facility which is due to open in September 2018 and is part of the wider Cygnet Health Care group. There will be 4 wards; male locked rehabilitation, female personality disorder, male PICU and male low secure. Our treatment will be based on the principles of the recovery model of care, including psychological therapies, occupational therapy, social therapy, physical healthcare and medication. There will also be a recovery college onsite.
The Clinical Psychologist will work across the 16 bed female personality disorder ward. The ward will provide high levels of support and will use DBT and other therapy models to empower service users to make positive changes in their lives.
The post-holder provide a psychology service to clients on the unit providing highly specialist psychological assessments as well as individual and group therapy as part of the inpatient rehabilitation programme. Offering advice and consultation on service user psychological care to other colleagues and carers is also a requirement.
To have a key role in training, supervision and service development, providing support to Assistant Psychologists within the service. As a member of the psychology department, there will be considerable opportunity for further professional development through access to various CPD activities/events and research.
Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
• A Doctorate Level Qualification (or equivalent) in Clinical or Forensic Psychology along with HCPC registration
• Experience working with an adult personality disorder client group is essential
• Experience of psychological assessment and formulation in healthcare, as well as planning and delivering psychological interventions to a similar client group
• Experience of CBT group and individual work and in supervising / facilitating therapeutic / psycho-educational groups
• Experience of psychological therapies, risk assessment, training and supervision
• The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Up to date knowledge around various different psychological models applicable to this clinical population
In return, we will offer you:
Salary up to £44,000 (depending on experience). As a growing organisation, with exciting plans for the future, we are passionate about driving employee development and supporting our staff's wellbeing. Cygnet Hospital Maidstone offers a great range of benefits, which includes scheme contributory pension scheme, free life assurance, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre, paid birthday and anniversary of joining company leave. In addition we offer subsidised meals and free car parking.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy and wish to speak with someone please contact Simba Kaseke (Clinical Manager) on 07803 200536 or email email@example.com
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*