King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of nearly £1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 11,500 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London.
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley.Senior Pharmacist – Patient Services – Band 7
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest and busiest teaching hospitals in London, with a unique profile of strong local services and a focused set of specialist services. The Trust has over 7,000 staff and a budget in excess of £500 million and continues to be at the forefront of medical progress and innovation. The post holder will provide the clinical lead in the dispensary and support the operations manager and the dispensary manager in the delivery of a high quality patient focused service by:
- Providing clinical support, training and mentoring to junior pharmacists on the STEP programme and pre-registration pharmacists on their dispensary rotation.
- Acting as a clinical link between Kings and our outsourced outpatient pharmacy provider
- Provide support to the clinical services team by participating in a regular clinical ward commitment
The department is about to undertake a transformation with the installation of a new state of the art new robot so there is no better time to join our friendly department. If are a good communicator with a passion for pharmacy then this could be the job for you. You will assist with the day to day running of the dispensary as well as working with the senior team to on several new projects.
The Pharmacy department puts a strong emphasis on a learning environment and ensures that staff have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge to their full potential and actively encourage the continuous professional development of every staff.
Proposed date for interviews: 27 July 2018
For further details / informal visits contact:
Kit Lai (Deputy Chief Pharmacist – Operations ( Apply
) or Louise Howard (Chief Pharmacy Technician – Operations) via email ( Apply
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our ‘Trac’ recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs. You will not be able to track the progress of your application on NHS Jobs and we will not be able to respond to emails sent through it. By applying for this post you are agreeing to King’s transferring the information contained in your application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.