Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health services and community services for more than one million people in Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Heywood, Middleton, Stockport, Trafford, Tameside and Glossop. The Trust’s Headquarters is based in Ashton-under-Lyne, ten miles north east of Manchester city centre.
In July 2008 we became the 100th NHS Foundation Trust which provides greater freedom to tailor our future plans to best meet the needs of the communities we serve and be more accountable to local people.
The Trust provides support to all new starters, in patient facing roles bands 1 to 4, to successfully complete the Fundamental Care Certificate standards relevant to their role. The certificate provides knowledge and skills to enable staff to perform safely and effectively.
The Trust is committed to improving the working lives of our employees. We actively promote equal opportunities, flexible working & staff support
We are committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults & expect all employees & volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to regulated activities will require an enhanced DBS disclosure
Everything we do is underpinned by five meaningful CARES values:
Compassionate Accountable Responsive Effective Safe
These shape how we work, define what we stand for and show everyone what Pennine Care is all about.
The Trust reserves the right to close this post once a sufficient number of applications have been submitted. It is encouraged that you complete the application at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic Consultant to join our organisation to work in a substantive position as a Consultant Adolescent Inpatient Psychiatrist.
This is a substantive post. The post holder is based within the CAMHS Inpatient services at Fairfield General Hospital Bury. There is an experienced consultant colleague working in the adjacent Horizon Unit (CAMHS Complex care service) There is consequently robust managerial, medical and senior nurse, therapeutic and MDT services cross cover.
The Trust CAMHS inpatient services are fully commissioned through NHS England – specialist commissioning team.
The post holder will provide clinical leadership to a 12 bed adolescent acute admissions mental health service. Assessment and treatment, using a 4 – 6 week model, is provided to young people aged 13 yrs to 18th birthday, with a full range of acute mental health disorders.
The post holder will lead the dedicated MDT in multidisciplinary assessment and treatments, in close collaboration with service users, carers and the referring community CAMHS / mental health services. They will work in close liaison with Trust clinical and operational managers, and with commissioners and other key Tier 4 stakeholders. They will join the inpatient senior management team, and contribute to Tier 4 CAMHS service developments. They will provide supervision to the junior medical staff. The candidate will also provide mutually agreed prospective leave cover with their Horizon unit consultant.
They will join a dynamic and supportive Trust wide CAMHS consultant group.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
• Clinical leadership to the Hope Unit team
• Provide Consultant care to all young people admitted to the Hope Unit
• To lead the Hope Unit team and support assist the team in day to day high quality team mental health assessment, therapeutic care and in liaison with community services
• As appropriate to use MHA and attend Tribunals, with prepared reports
• Providing supervision and leadership to clinical team
• To lead MDT ward rounds, reviews, CPA meetings and other multiagency meetings
• To provide supervision to the junior medical staff
• To provide effective liaison with referring teams and to commissioners
• To join the CAMHS Inpatient senior management team, and contribute to clinical leadership this post. and service developments
• No outpatient work is expected within the job plan for
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
• Full GMC registration
• Entry on GMC Specialist Register for Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, with higher specialist training CCT or equivalent; or be within 6 months of achieving this. Candidates with higher specialist training in Adult psychiatry or equivalent are eligible with demonstrable experience in psychiatry of adolescence
• Section 12 Approval under Mental Health Act 1983 and Approved Clinician status
• Demonstrable competency across the PMETB approved curriculum for higher training in CAMHS (or Adult psychiatry with substantial adolescent experience)
• Registered for CPD with the RCPsych