An exciting opportunity has led to the opening of a new rehabilitation service at Cygnet Hospital Taunton, Starling Ward, for men with learning disabilities and complex mental health needs which will open on Monday 25th June 2018. In line with the Transforming Care Programme, the new 9 bed service will support the provision of inpatient care closer to home for individuals from or near to the South-West. The aim of the service will be to successfully reintegrate service users into the community and ultimately transition out of hospital into independent living or the least restrictive environment possible.
The role involves working with our patients to maximise their potential and to enable them to enjoy the best possible quality of life via the delivery of an evidence-based SLT service that promotes effective functional communication, social skills development, collaborative working and an inclusive communication environment. You will be working directly with patients to assess their communication needs and provide input into their therapeutic programmes that formulate part of their wider care pathway from admission to discharge. As part of a full multi-disciplinary team on-site, you will work with all staff across the hospitals to support the implementation of the therapeutic approach demonstrating a range of skills, knowledge and abilities. The successful applicant will also be responsible for embedding the SLT service under the guidance of the Head of SLT and raising communication awareness within Starling Ward. Dysphagia experience and the ability to independently manage complex cases is also a requirement of the role.
In return we offer:
- Expert Clinical Supervision and peer support
- Regular meetings and networking with Cygnet Speech and Language Therapists
- Developmental Opportunities
- Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
- Subsidised meals and free parking
- Company pension scheme and a comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre.
Full induction training is given and you will receive clinical supervision through the Head of SLT who will be your direct line of report along with the Hospital Manager.
We are looking for an experienced Speech and Language Therapist with:
- Experience in the field of Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorders and Mental Health Conditions including working knowledge / Understanding of inpatient services.
- Understanding of Positive Behaviour Support and person-centred planning.
- Knowledge of key national drivers for inpatient services such as Transforming Care, Five RCSLT Good Communication Standards.
- Qualification in Dysphagia management
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Ability to work flexibly and support the growth and challenges of a new unit.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion
You must be a Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered SLT. Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
How to Apply
Are you ready for a new and rewarding opportunity? Please apply now. If you wish to speak with someone regarding this vacancy please call Carla Bartlett (Head of SLT) on 07803 248 026. To find out more about us please visit www.cygnethealth.co.uk
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Closing date: 31st May 2018
Interviews: 11th and 12th June 2018