A new and exciting opportunity has become available for a Consultant CAMHS Psychiatrist to join our multidisciplinary team at Cygnet Hospital Sheffield.
This is a full time (10 Programmed Activities) Consultant CAMHS Psychiatrist post, which is based on Peak View Ward, our 15 bed CAMHS General Adolescent Unit.The Opportunity
In this role, the Consultant Psychiatrist will be expected to work collaboratively with the onsite multidisciplinary team which includes a wide range of professional disciplines and to work closely with NHS clinicians and commissioners who contract services from the hospital.
Peak View provides up to 15 beds and is a General Ward environment for young people aged between 12-18 years with a range of serious mental health disorders, which cannot be safely managed through Tier 3 CAMHS services or for young people stepping down from more secure environments. The Unit receives referrals from all over England.
The Consultant Psychiatrist will be expected to lead on the provision of high quality care to the young people admitted to Peak View Ward. They will conduct and where appropriate, delegate the assessment and delivery of services to members of the multidisciplinary team, while closely supervising the activities of the team. The Consultant will also be required to participate in the 1 in 4 Consultant on-call rota.Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
• GMC registration (with licence to practice), Section 12 Approval and AC Status
• On the Specialist Register for Child and Adolescent psychiatry or be within 6 months (at the scheduled time of the advisory appointments committee) of being accepted
• Current experience as a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist / working within CAMHS
• Ability to take a leadership role in a multidisciplinary team, ensuring high quality care and staff morale
• MRCPsych or equivalent – approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
• Proven record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)In return, we will offer:
• Salary: in the region of £ Apply
(depending on experience)
• Company pension scheme
• Free life assurance
• A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
• Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
• Subsidised meals
• CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunitiesAbout Us
At Cygnet Health Care, we have almost 30 years’ experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways.Requirements
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*