Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We are a leading provider of specialist adult healthcare and have over 80 services across the UK which specialise in; autism, learning disability, mental health, personality disorder and acquired brain injury.
An opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Therapist to join our team, 40 hours per week Monday to Friday at Cygnet Taunton.
Cygnet Hospital Taunton provides specialist inpatient services for older adults experiencing acute or enduring mental health illness. This role will be covering our new Starling Ward which is a new 9 bedded, rehabilitation service for men with learning disabilities and complex mental health needs. The new service will open June 2018.
In this role you will:
- Take responsibility for the provision of a occupational therapy service for a defined specialist client-group, utilising specialist skills through experience and post-graduate training.
- To manage a caseload of clients with complex needs and differential diagnosis, using evidenced based practice/client based principles to assess, plan, formulate, implement and evaluate interventions in a variety of settings (individually and/or in groups and as part of a multidisciplinary team).
- To supervise and mentor others, providing support and development, including supervision and continuing professional development to other occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, where applicable, and providing training to the wider staff team.
We are looking for people who have:
- A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy
- Registration Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- At least 6 months experience in the field of Learning Disabilities. Mental Health experience is also desirable.
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process, interventions and an interest in Mental Health;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Practice Placement qualification or willing to work towards (university accredited) within 12 months of appointment. To regularly supervise students on Practice Placement.
- A good understanding of core Occupational Therapy skills and the motivation to keep up-to-date with current best practice in OT
- Excellent communication / time management skills
In return we will offer you:
- Salary: £30,000 per annum
- Company pension scheme
- Free meals on duty and onsite parking
- Opportunity to attend monthly OT meetings focused on CPD, service development, and clinical case discussion
- Training days throughout the year, provided by well-known and inspirational OTs such as Sue Parkinson (MOHO) and Eadaoin Breathnach (Sensory Attachment Intervention)
- CPD and research opportunities
- The opportunity to create external vocational links and develop projects
- Mentoring and coaching to undertake our Sensory Integration
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.