Are you looking for a new challenge within mental health?
Give your career a positive change with an exciting opportunity that has become available at Cygnet Woking.
We are currently recruiting an Occupational Therapy Assistant to work Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 17:00.
Cygnet Hospital Woking offers a range of secure mental health services for men and women. Cygnet Lodge Woking, our sister hospital close by, provides a locked rehabilitation service for men and extends our care pathway. This role will be working as part of a centralised OT team working across Locked Rehabilitation, Recovery Services as well as Adult Low Secure.
In this role you will:
Work closely as part of the Therapy and Nursing teams by ensuring continuity of the interventions provided by the qualified Occupational Therapists. You will develop an activities programme in collaboration with the Ward Occupational Therapist and identify resources that can be used by the client group.
To provide a register of attendance and liaise with staff to ensure maximum use of time / attendance and that activities are in place for the weekends and evenings. To co-facilitate and work in a therapeutic setting with other therapists and be a part of a multidisciplinary team, assisting with reviewing and evaluating the therapy programme with the Occupational Therapists where necessary.
We are looking for people who have:
• Experience within a health care environment
• A keen interested in Occupational Therapist and delivering therapeutic activities to service users
• The ability to work on own initiative
• A willingness to adapt and learn new skills
In return, we will offer you:
• Salary £19,000
• Company pension scheme
• A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
• Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
• CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support as part of the OT and multidisciplinary team
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
At Cygnet Health Care, we have almost 30 years’ experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.