We are looking to recruit an Assistant Psychologist to join our team at Cygnet Colchester Hospital. This will be a full time role, with working hours of Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00.
Cygnet Colchester Hospital is being configured to comprise of three units, to meet the needs of males with Mental Health difficulties, males with Learning Disabilities, and females with a diagnosis of Personality Disorder.
This advertised role is to work in the new unit for females with Personality Disorders, due to open in June. This will have 20 beds, and support patients through multi-disciplinary therapeutic input.
The post will be supported by a Consultant Clinical Psychologist. You will be working in an established Psychology service in the hospital, and within a wider multi-disciplinary clinical team.
In this role you will be expected to :
- Work on an inpatient unit for females with a diagnosis of Personality Disorder.
- Support patients toward recovery, through contribution to assessment and evidence based intervention.
- Work closely with other professions including Psychiatry, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, and Support Workers
- Work with innovation and independence, while closely supported and supervised by a Consultant Clinical Psychologist.
- Support qualified Psychologists in their day-to-day tasks. Duties will range from helping them to deliver clinical services – such as psychological assessments and interventions - to governance, data collection and analysis, administrative activities, and assisting with aspects of report writing and project development.
We're looking for people who have:
- A good level degree in Psychology (BA or BSc)
- Eligibility for British Psychological Society (BPS) Graduate Membership
- Some experience within the healthcare sector
- A passion for learning and working as part of a multidisciplinary rehabilitation mental health team
- Excellent communication skills
The following would be desirable
- Experience of working with people with Personality Disorder
- Previous experience in a paid/voluntary Assistant Psychologist role
In return we will offer you:
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support
- Company pension scheme
- CPD Opportunities
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities to suite your career pathway
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you looking for a new and rewarding challenge?
Click the link to apply.