Are you an Occupational Therapist looking for a new challenge within acute inpatient mental health?
Give your career a positive change with an exciting opportunity that has become available at Cygnet Harrow.
We are currently recruiting an Occupational Therapist to work 30 hrs per week, across 4 days between Monday to Friday.
This role will be working on Byron Ward which provides an acute in-patient psychiatric service for a wide range of psychological and emotional problems, including addictions. Set in a calming and therapeutic environment the ward can support up to 18 men and women. The service aims to help people stabilise and enable individuals to return to the community, or the least restrictive environment for them, as quickly as possible. The approach is recovery based and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) focused.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will provide direct clinical care which will encompass OT assessments, treatment and management of patients within the service.
In this role you will assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to service user’s diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly.
Prioritisation is key to manage the caseload of clients effectively and you will work closely with the Occupational Therapy and multidisciplinary team onsite.
We are looking for people who have:
• A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy and registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
• Membership of the RCOT (Royal College of Occupational Therapy) or equivalent
• Currently operating as a Band 5 OT (or equivalent)
• Any experience in the field of adult mental health and/or acute inpatient mental health is desirable
• The ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Excellent communication / time management skills
In return, we will offer you:
• Salary in the region of £24,500
• Company pension scheme
• Free life assurance
• A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
• Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
• Subsidised meals
• CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
At Cygnet Health Care, we have almost 30 years’ experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.