I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
The client is looking for an Occupational Therapist to work in their intensive care unit. The successful candidate will work alongside a full, dynamic MDT and will have the peer support of an extended Occupational Therapy team.
The hospital is a 36 bed Tier 4 CAMHS hospital for young people aged 12 -18 years with a range of mental health disorders and includes the following units:
* Adolescent Care
* Acute Psychiatric
* Eating Disorders
They employ an experienced and fully trained multidisciplinary team of staff and provide ongoing support with comprehensive training, learning and development opportunities.
Most patients and residents are referred via NHS and local authorities. We play an integral part in contributing to new models of care outlined in the Five Year Forward View.
As an Occupational Therapist working in our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) your main duties will be:
* Providing a high standard of Occupational Therapy (OT) to service users
* Managing a defined caseload of patients, using evidence based/client centered principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions within the service.
* Participating in the planning, development and evaluation of the OT service within a designated team.
* Providing expertise in a highly specialist area and to offer advice and consultation on clients care to other members of the team
* Working within the professional practice and Trust guidelines.
* Working and acting as a key member of the team, supporting each patient in the achievement of their planned outcomes.
* Accurately record all patient intervention and plans in the medical notes
* Responsibility for the prescription and safe use of OT equipment and ensure adequate training is provided to colleagues, patients and/or their carers.
To join as an Occupational Therapist, you will:
* Have at least one year post graduate experience and an interest in working in child and adolescent psychiatric care.
* Have some experience in sensory integration or and interest to embark on sensory integration training.
* Have a minimum BSc or recognised postgraduate diploma in Occupational Therapy
* Hold current HCPC registration
* Be able to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, visitors, carers, members of the MDT and senior professional and managerial staff
* Have a person centered ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference
* Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
* Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
* Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
* Have a legal right to work in the UK
In return they offer you:
* A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
* Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
* The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme
* Maternity leave at 3 month's full pay and 3 month's half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
* 2 weeks paid paternity leave
* Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
* Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
* A range of staff discounts
* Opportunities for training and development
* Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
* Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
An enhanced DBS (England) or PVG/Disclosure Scotland (Scotland) Disclosure will be required for all successful applicants. Costs will be met by the Company.
There is free parking at hospital which is located close to the village of Wheaton Aston, 10 miles from Stafford and just 6 miles from the M6 motorway.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month. If you know anyone who is looking for work at the moment then please get in touch!