Cygnet Health is one of the UK’s leading providers of specialist behavioural adult healthcare services.
A 26-bed hospital specialising in mental health rehabilitation for women in a safe and comfortable environment. Newly refurbished to exemplary standards, Appletree has been designed to provide an environment which promotes recovery for women with its focus on space, personal privacy and dignity.
In This Role You'll:
• Oversee all aspects regarding The Mental Health Act 1983 of all clients within the hospital, managing patient section papers and maintaining accurate records
• Ensuring all relevant documentation is provided to all relevant agencies i.e. Mental Health Commission, Mental Health Review Tribunal, Solicitors, Social Workers and Psychiatrist
• Organising and attending Managers Panels and Mental Health Review Tribunals
• Liaising with Psychiatrists and organising timely renewals of sections in accordance with MHA 1983 and guidance notes from the Code of Practice and the Institute of Mental Health Act Practioners
• Organise regular care program approach meetings for patients with the MDT
• Co-ordinating solicitors for all patients to ensure they have legal representation for Manager’s Panels and Tribunals
• Ordering of all MHA documents from approved supplier
We Are Looking For People Who Have:
• Previous administration experience including report preparation, organising meetings, liaising with customers/clients
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) with qualifications in English and Maths
• Exceptional organisational skills
• Experience of working in a Healthcare environment alongside medical practitioners is desirable
• Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 (MHA 1983) is desirable
• Knowledge of compliance and auditing systems required by regulatory bodies (CQC) is desirable
In Return We’ll Offer You:
• Employee Discount Scheme
• DBS paid
• Regular coaching and support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
• Free meals on duty
Please note – this role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 as you will be in contact with vulnerable adults. Therefore all candidates invited for interview will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and any offer of employment is subject to successful clearance.
If you are looking for a truly rewarding career with great prospects then we would love to hear from you.