We have an excellent opportunity for a junior doctor seeking to gain outstanding experience, sought after specialist knowledge in a consultant led learning environment based in Manchester.
The client are a dedicated cancer centre for private and NHS patients, able to diagnose and treat almost all types of cancer.
This role will work onsite in a team of RMO's, junior doctors, working in acute inpatient oncology ward looking after patients undergoing surgery, chemotherapy and immunotherapy to fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff.
- Full Time Contract. 42 hour working week. Shifts 08.00 to 20.00 and 20.00 to 08.00
- Fixed Term Contract 1 Year
Rewards packages includes; paid indemnity insurance, 5 days study leave, ALS Training, study allowance, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review, life assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary) travel insurance, travel season ticket loan (up to the value of £10,000) 50% off gym membership, cycle to work scheme/ personal accident cover, childcare vouchers and dental insurance Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patient management.
- Take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- To attend to patients attending the chemotherapy day unit, radiotherapy department, and private outpatient clinics as requested.
- To consent patients following explanation of procedures such as, cytotoxic chemotherapy administration, radionuclide therapy as required.
- To undertake specific tests as requested by the consultant (including, blood tests, Bone marrow examinations, lumbar punctures, paracentesis and pleural fluid aspiration). Skills & Experience
- Primary Medical Degree, Full registration with the UK GMC,
- Acute Medicine and/or Oncology experience desirable
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skillsEarn more than ever before
We have recently updated our refer a friend scheme: You can now earn even more for every friend you recommend (up to £500), and there is no limit to how many friends you send to us. Find out more at Apply
/recommend-a-friend HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability. This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. HCL operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK.