Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health Care you will have the chance to make a real impact on residents and their families. You will be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you will benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Make a big difference to your career and to patient care with us.
An opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Therapist to join our team 22 hours per week between Monday to Friday.
Cygnet Hospital Stevenage offers a range of secure mental health services for men and women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment.
In this role you will:
• Deliver a clinical service for a complex client group, using a range of skills and knowledge in assessment and intervention methods within a coherent framework
• Participate in the planning, development and evaluation of the Occupational Therapy service within the site
• Conduct clinical audits, research and actively participate towards internal and external clinical governance processes
We are looking for people who have:
• Qualification - Dip. COT, BSc OT
•Current Health Professions Council OT Registration
- Experience working as an OT in a mental health setting.
- Experience working as an OT in a non-mental health setting, but where duties/skills are transferable (e.g. group facilitation, ADL assessment)
• Experience of planning and running a range of therapeutic groups.
• Experience of carrying out functional assessments.
• Experience using standardized assessments- MOHOST, COPM
• Experience using outcome measures.
In return we will offer you:
• Salary £27,000 pro rata
• Company pension scheme
• Free meals on duty
• Monthly / bi-monthly supervision by a highly specialist OT
• Opportunity to attend bi-monthly OT meetings focused on CPD, service development, and clinical case discussion
• Training days throughout the year, provided by well-known and inspirational OTs such as Sue Parkinson (MOHO) and Eadaoin Breathnach (Sensory Attachment Intervention)
• CPD and research opportunities
• Mentoring and coaching to undertake our Sensory Integration Preceptorship programme, which could lead to formal Sensory Integration training
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.