I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Consultant Psychiatrist - Tier 4 CAMHS Ward
Permanent (Full Time)
They are currently expanding our service with the addition of a newly purpose built 15-bed Tier 4 CAMHS ward which is due to open in March 2018.
My client is looking to recruit a motivated and experienced Consultant Psychiatrist to help the team deliver the highest standard of care to young people and their families that use our services. You will works closely with the multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that clients receive a holistic and person-centred care and treatment programme based on the recovery model.
The CAMHS Tier ward will accept admission from all around the United Kingdom and the unit will be supported by a full multidisciplinary team. The team will work closely alongside referrers and NHS England case managers. The patients referred will be at a high level of risk at the point of referral. Admissions will be taken as emergencies, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Role will include:
• Taking clinical responsibility for patients, including multidisciplinary ward rounds, risk reviews, strategic reviews and the development of a therapeutic milieu.
• Fulfilling the role of Responsible Clinician to patients detained under the Mental Health Act (1983).
• Supervising the process of referral and admission including contributing to pre-admission assessments of young people with other team members.
• Offering a psychiatric perspective to the multidisciplinary team in relation to the assessment, formulation and treatment of young people.
• Contributing to management meetings and clinical governance meetings for the services provided at the hospital, and contributing to the development of service strategy.
• Contributing to in-house training programmes within the services and offering supervision to other members of the multi-disciplinary team, particularly junior medical staff.
• Maintaining CPD and re-validation requirements, as determined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists or other relevant statutory bodies.
• Contributing to the development and evaluation of services in collaboration with the site Medical Director, Service Line Clinical Director and Clinical Service Manager.
• Ensures the services and support provide offers good value for money and supports the overall aim of the site.
• Knowledge & Skills
• You should be a good team player and be keen to participate in a multidisciplinary approach to assessment, formulation and management plans. You should be willing to take part in service evaluation and improvement.
• You are required to hold and continue registration with the GMC including the relevant Specialist Register. You will be expected to provide evidence of their registration, if requested, by the Hospital Director or Responsible Officer/Group Medical Director.
Hold an MRCPsych (or equivalent qualification) and a Higher Specialist Training, CCST / CCT (or equivalent) in CAMHS Psychiatry and will have experience of working in inpatient settings with people with significant mental health difficulties. Ideally, you will have some PICU or inpatient experience, and will be able deal effectively and constructively with conflict in challenging situations.
Autonomy & Impact:
Able to work autonomously to agreed short and medium term objectives where professional advice will be immediately obvious. You will be able to understand the impact their actions will have on the care of the patient and the workings of the multidisciplinary team.
Intelligent & Problem Solving
The majority of problem solving is based upon acquiring systemic knowledge and experience where some adaptive and creative thinking is occasionally required when translating best practice and evidence based research into practical operational solutions for application within the department.
• Teaching and CPD programmes
• Career development opportunities with available exposure to other services lines within the Hospital
• Study and exam leave
• Active participation in Clinical Governance
• Appraisal and peer supervision
• Starting 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increased up to 30 days with continued service)
• Birthday Holiday - (Yes an extra day’s holiday for your birthday!)
• Onsite highly subsidised restaurants
• Free on-site parking
• SMART Childcare Vouchers
• SMART Pension
• Online benefits and cashback rewards such as Cycle to work scheme
Bristol, City of Bristol, England£ 140,000 - 150,000 Per yearPermanentPosted 21st March 2018
£ 140,000 - 150,000 Per yearFull timePermanentPosted 21st March 2018Closes 31st May 2018Ref GB-SM-OPL
Consultant Psychiatrist - Adolescent Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Salary/Rate £ [... Click Apply...]K Location ;Bristol P...
Taunton, Somerset, England£ 0 - 30000 Per yearPermanentPosted 8th May 2018
£ 0 - 30000 Per yearFull timePermanentPosted 8th May 2018Closes 5th June 2018Ref 001698
Give your career a positive change.At Cygnet Health you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We...
Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England£ 130000 - 130000 Per yearPermanentPosted 30th April 2018
£ 130000 - 130000 Per yearFull timePermanentPosted 30th April 2018Closes 28th May 2018Ref 001114
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our team at The Lodge and The Grange in Sutton i...
Oxford, Oxfordshire, England£ 22,658 - 25,951 Per yearPermanentPosted 2nd May 2018
£ 22,658 - 25,951 Per yearFull timePermanentPosted 2nd May 2018Closes 2nd June 2018Ref 150599_OM
This is an exciting opportunity to work within our client's Oxfordshire ‘Improving Access to Psychological Therapies’ (IAPT) Servic...
Taunton, Somerset, England£ 24000 - 40000 Per yearPermanentPosted 8th May 2018
£ 24000 - 40000 Per yearFull timePermanentPosted 8th May 2018Closes 5th June 2018Ref 001702
An exciting opportunity has led to the opening of a new rehabilitation service at Cygnet Hospital Taunton, Starling Ward, for men w...
Stafford, Staffordshire, EnglandTemporaryPosted 1st May 2018
Part timeTemporaryPosted 1st May 2018Closes 1st June 2018Ref 17180
Locum Psychiatrist - First On Call Mind Professionals are receiving regular First On Call Shifts for South Staffordshire NHS offeri...
Chester, Cheshire, EnglandPermanentPosted 24th May 2018
Full time...PermanentPosted 24th May 2018Closes 24th June 2018Ref 16473
Speciality Doctor - Neurorehabilitation Full Time (10 Sessions) or Part Time (8 Sessions) North West England Competitive Salary and...
London, Greater London, EnglandPermanentPosted 2nd May 2018
Part timePermanentPosted 2nd May 2018Closes 2nd June 2018Ref 17494
Permanent Clinical Psychologist required in an Occupational Setting within the Corporate Banking sector. Mind Professionals are rec...
Sevenoaks, Kent, England£ 170000 - 170000 Per yearPermanentPosted 25th May 2018
£ 170000 - 170000 Per yearFull timePermanentPosted 25th May 2018Closes 22nd June 2018Ref 001813
A new and exciting opportunity has become available for a Consultant CAMHS Psychiatrist to join our multidisciplinary team at Cygne...
Ealing, London, Greater London, England£ 0 - 0 Per yearPermanentPosted 2nd May 2018
£ 0 - 0 Per yearFull timePermanentPosted 2nd May 2018Closes 30th May 2018Ref 001658
Sunrise ward is an ‘NHS England Commissioned Tier 4 Specialist Eating Disorder Service’ in Cygnet Hospital Ealing. It is a 17 bedde...