Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, England
- £ 35000.0 - 37000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 20 Nov 2020
- 18 Dec 2020
Are you an experienced caregiver? We're looking for Nurses, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, or Paramedics who are seeking a brand-new challenge that offers a great work-life balance with countless career progression opportunities.
As a back-office PIP Disability Assessor, you will need to utilise your clinical expertise and knowledge by interpreting medical information from individuals seeking to receive the PIP benefit scheme. You will need to understand the extent to which an individual's health conditions may impact their daily lives and formulate a concise, detailed report to help support the decision making process by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
This Disability Assessor role is ideal if you are passionate about delivering high-quality care, yet ready to advance your career by using your clinical expertise in a new way.
Job Responsibilities as a Disability Assessor:
- Completing written assessments, compiling detailed medical reports
- Working in an office environment with other healthcare professionals, utilising your skills in a brand-new way (currently remotely due to Covid-19)
- Understanding a diverse range of health conditions, including physical, sensory, mental health and cognitive issues
- Being able to look at a holistic overview of an individual who has long-term disabilities - a fantastic learning experience
You do not need previous experience as a Disability Assessor, as an excellent, in-depth training masterclass is provided.
- Flexible, part-time working opportunities are available after the full-time training is complete (minimum requirement of 22.5 hours per week)
- 25 days' annual leave, with option to buy and sell up to 10 days, plus all bank holidays off
- Pension scheme matching up to 10% of your contributions and as standard, you will retain earnings from any existing pensions (such as NHS)
- Life assurance, private medical insurance, and medical indemnity insurance
- Continuous CPD support provided, plus reimbursement of your annual HCPC/NMC registration fee
- Flexible benefits, including dental and travel insurance
- And many more!
- RGN, RMN, RLD, Paramedic, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist
- 2 years post reg clinical experience (or 18 months broad-based) minimum
- Full registration with NMC/HCPC with no restrictions on pin
- Ability to work autonomously and I.T competency would be beneficial
If you are interested in discovering more about this Disability Assessor role, please apply now.
TFS Healthcare is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
TFS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
TFS Healthcare will make reasonable adjustments and provide support for anyone who needs it either to apply or to succeed in the role. We will also support people to access our clients' organisations with sensitivity, respect and care.