Senior Occupational Therapist - Adults Complex Care
Bromley, London, Greater London, England
- £ 40000.0 - 43000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 16 Nov 2020
- 14 Dec 2020
Senior Occupational Therapist - Adults Complex Care -Bromley - Up to £43,000 per annum
Working hours: full time
A highly experienced and motivated senior occupational therapist is required to join our client's Adults Complex Care Team in Bromley. The role of the senior occupational therapist will involve the assessment and provision of major adaptations and specialist equipment (including non-standard stock items) and complex seating. Competence in manual handling is essential for this role, along with the ability to supervise less experienced staff.
The benefits of this Senior Occupational Therapist role:
- Up to £40,000 per annum
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Excellent transport links
- Supportive team and management
- Employee Benefits Lifestyle Discounts
- Full induction programme and regular supervision
Role responsibilities as a Senior Occupational Therapist:
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own clinical and professional work and people for whom they provide clinical leadership, professional support and supervision.
- To independently manage complex casework, where appropriate, requiring specialist standardised and non-standardised OT assessment of people with a range of complex needs and multi-pathologies; using clinical reasoning, analytical and communication skills to determine support needs.
- To undertake a range of risk-assessment and action planning functions incorporating safeguarding, capacity and positive risk-taking principles, including specialist manual handling risk assessments, reablement assessments, housing needs/re-housing assessments
- Provide or broker the delivery of a range of outcomes identified with people and their families/carers including, but not limited to, specialist reablement programmes, access to and provision of a broad range of assistive technologies (community/health equipment), environmental redesign solutions, specialist advice and information
- To co-ordinate and provide relevant input into multi-agency liaison, planning and safeguarding meetings to ensure integrated, effective working and clear communication arrangements. This will include feedback communications and discussion with the supported person and their family/carers.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of professional/ethical standards including timely, accurate and comprehensive documentation in line with Health Profession Council (HPC), College of Occupational Therapists (COT) and local standards of practice for self and supervised staff (where appropriate)
- To monitor and ensure adherence to relevant eligibility for services where relevant i.e. FACS
- To utilise a variety of verbal and written communication mechanisms with internal colleagues and external partners to ensure collaborative, multi-agency working ensuring adherence to information governance and sharing protocols and preservation of confidentiality
- To frequently use a range of verbal and non-verbal communication skills to communicate sensitively and empathically with people and their families/ carers to progress all aspects of their support
- Identify people at risk of abuse, harm or neglect (safeguarding) and contribute to ensuring their safety through the application of the Tower Hamlets Safeguarding Policy and procedures.
Essential requirements of this Senior Occupational Therapist role:
- Qualified occupational therapist with post qualified experience
- HCPC registration
- The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email Apply
This job was posted to Occupational therapist in Bromley, London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 30.0 Per hourPart timeTemporaryLondon, Greater London, England
Athona's Health division are currently recruiting for a Band 6/7 Occupational Therapist in London.The post holder will be providing...
£ 37638.0 - 44780.0 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
IMPORTANT Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you If you delete the job from any of your acc...