Speech and Language Therapist - Mental Health
Wigan, Greater Manchester, England
- £ 41500.0 - 41500.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 16 Nov 2020
- 14 Dec 2020
Speech and Language Therapist - Mental Health - Band 7 - Atherton, Wigan - £41,500+ per annum
Working hours: 37.5 per week
We are currently looking for a highly experienced and enthusiastic Band 7 Speech and Language Therapist to join a mental health service in Atherton, Wigan. The service is a purpose-built medium/low secure service which provides care to men with personality disorder and/or mental needs, as well as care for people who are deaf or have complex communication needs.
The benefits of this Speech and Language Therapist role:
- £41,500+ per annum
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Flexible working opportunities
Duties as a Speech and Language Therapist:
- Manage complex cases, cultural and linguistic differences, and to generate strategies.
- To demonstrate specialist knowledge in communication and swallowing disorders.
- To contribute to the assessment and information-gathering regarding service users' mental capacity and ability to give informed consent with support from senior colleagues, and to assist service user's to maximise their independence in decision-making and communicating their wishes
Requirements of this Speech & Language Therapist role include:
- You will hold a degree in Speech & Language Therapy
- Be a registered member of the HCPC
- Experience in mental health
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email Apply
This job was posted to Speech therapy in Wigan, Greater Manchester, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 40000.0 - 44500.0 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Job - Senior Specialist Speech and Language TherapistLocation - LondonContract Type - Permanent, full time hours 37.5hrs. We are al...