Occupational Therapist - Adult Social Care
Bodmin, Cornwall, England
- £ 28.0 - 30.0 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 13 Nov 2020
- 11 Dec 2020
Seven Social Care are looking for 2 temporary Occupational Therapists to work with the Adult Social Care Team in Bodmin, Cornwall. These positions are initially for a period of 3 months and are paying £28.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company). One position is full-time and the other position is part-time (18.75 hours per week).
* Working with a caseload of people living in the community, using client-centred approaches to produce holistic solutions to the problems and challenges they encounter in their daily living
* To provide oversight, direction and support to a range of colleagues, on a day-to-day basis, to enable multi-disciplinary approaches to resolve the daily experiences of people with disabilities
* To assist colleagues in identifying, planning and implementing the development and evaluation of services within the community
* To communicate effectively and work collaboratively with a range of colleagues across health, social care, local authority, voluntary agencies and any other relevant agencies as necessary
* To assist in the monitoring and prioritisation of referrals received by the Occupational Therapy team. This will include advising, Social Workers, Technical Officers, Case Co-ordinators, other Adult Social Care staff and other agencies as to the most appropriate response to referrals and requests for service. This will include analysing and making judgements based upon a complex range of potential options.
* To be a point of contact for advice and to share responsibility in providing information and responding to specific enquiries relating to community occupational therapy services, to service users, carers, organisations and other professionals.
* To be responsive to the appropriate allocation of referrals and requests for service, via the Therapy Management system. This will involve specialist assessments and interventions provided by the Occupational Therapist and to direct other less experienced workers to undertake required tasks.
* To undertake complex assessments including risk assessments and ensure the provision of appropriate rehabilitation programmes specialised equipment, minor and major adaptations, by working within a clear professional framework of accountability and responsibility. This is done through the development of excellent working relationships with service users, carers, other professionals and agencies and in line with the development of guidance from professional bodies and other national standards in order to manage changes to working practices, cost effective use of available budgets and through negotiation with budget holders and agencies to meet service user's needs.
* Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
* Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
* Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
* Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
* Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.
This job was posted to Occupational therapist in Bodmin, Cornwall, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 18.0 - 25.0 Per hourFull timeContractDevon Consuls, Tavistock, Devon, England
Here at Hunter AHP we have an opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to carry out an Inpatient Rehabilitation role. My client is...
£ 37638.0 - 44780.0 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
IMPORTANT Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you If you delete the job from any of your acc...
£ 25000.0 - 30000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentBirmingham, West Midlands, England
Community Occupational Therapist - Supported Early Discharge Birmingham Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 plus excellent benefits * ...
£ 31365.0 Per yearFull timeBankChippenham, Wiltshire, England
Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust(AWP) provides inpatient and community-based mental health care for people li...